Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3091 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Do you like to boogie woogie? Do you like my ass-sis-tance? What?

Womanizer and relby like this.
  2. Thanks! That was very interesting to listen.
    Where's the 1:27-1:36 bit from? Sounds like True blue era but can't quite put my finger on what it is.

phoenix123 likes this.
  3. That fucking troll post... God forbid we get something that requires her collaboration, not just a label chucking out quiet 90s CD rips.

phoenix123 likes this.
  4. My first Madonna concert! What a night!
    Not this

michaelhird likes this.
  5. Sounds like the Express Yourself bass guitar to me.

Womanizer, Karma and m_dimitrov like this.
  6. His work is fucking terrible.

7. These fan art accounts where it’s just them filtering and changing their face shape... gross.

8. I doubt she’s releasing another Greatest Hits until the film. She just seems to be reposting that account an awful lot.

On another note, I really don’t think another Greatest Hits is necessary, since people can just go out and buy Celebration, unless it’s a proper definitive box set which would be a dream.

9. I have always wanted her to release an album of new remixes of older songs with a couple new dance tracks. But a greatest hits album with original versions seems pointless.

joeee likes this.
  10. I'm all for fans being creative and cutting and pasting. Lord knows I've done my fair share of it in the past and created some fairly infamous content back in the day, but dear lord. The way those halves are cut and pasted together makes no sense, At least try and make a human face out of it when you do it...

ps, wouldn't get my hopes up for a surprise drop pre thanksgiving btw... And if she does drop something it's probably not music related, but she sure as hell is more then welcome to surprise me!

11. Honestly, no?

12. Maybe she just likes that kind of aesthetic however variable the quality?

It’s pretty similar to the Celebration artwork / adverts.

13. I worry the film will be accompanied by a Bohemian Rhapsody style single disc of her biggest hits for the masses. I’m fine with that only if us fans can get a singles box set or 3/4 disc limited edition full retrospective.

Assuming a film would follow the same logic as recent biopics and have the same title as one of her hits, what do people think is most likely?

I know Live To Tell has been mentioned but Express Yourself and Music (although that’s already an album) would be reasonable titles too. Quite snappy.

If we were being accurate it should really be Madonna - Causing A Commotion.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  14. Given the fact she has greatest hits albums already out with these songs.

15. Surely the film soundtrack will have unreleased demos she has been looking at on Instagram as well as perhaps a few new songs not merely previously released material?
    It would be really cool if she recorded a few new songs but in a style of the period of the film. A 70’s punk song, a 80s synth pop song and a 90s trip hop one.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  16. I suspect it would be similar to Bohemian Rhapsody. Enough of the big hits for casual buyers to go “oh look Like A Prayer and Vogue I know those songs“ along with some demos or live songs from important points in the “plot” and the odd “artistic” choice?

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  17. Give us some Prince-level super deluxe reissues Mum.

18. You will get a vinyl with

Side A
    Holiday
    Like A Virgin
    Into The Groove
    Papa Don't Preach
    La Isla Bonita

Side B
    Like A Prayer
    Vogue
    Frozen
    Music
    4 Minutes

and bop!

Womanizer and lushLuck like this.
  19. If Hung Up isn’t on it, I’m not buying it.

Coolrockgirl likes this.

20. Oopsie!

Side A
    Holiday
    Like A Virgin
    Into The Groove
    Papa Don't Preach
    La Isla Bonita

Side B
    Like A Prayer
    Vogue
    Frozen
    Music
    Hang Up

(Fan demanded revised edition)

We laugh but that's actually a SOLID ten tracker isn't it?
    For the locals and the supermarkets and the kids who'd get put off by a longer tracklist.

Chezam, acl, Womanizer and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.