Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3270 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. "Gambler" is probably the worst of the 80s bunch, though, even if it's a bop. Its inclusion doesn't feel fair, but if I had to choose a worst for each decade...

The 90s and 2000s were practically spotless, with the exception of "Hey You" (this song is so forgettable, though – it shouldn't even be ranked nn). And then we're met with a double whammy of "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up the Radio" in the 2010s. Those are the only outright worsts for me.

2. I’m not a massive fan of Sing with Annie Lennox. So underwhelming.

IEngineered, wodny and Coolrockgirl like this.
  3. I don’t think it’s fair to include Hey You, so I would vote for Hanky Panky. I wouldn’t include Sing for the same reason I don’t include Hey You.

bazayer likes this.
  4. Love this

Andy French and Eskapism like this.
  5. I don't even remember the song.

6. I feel like Turn Up the radio, GMAYL, Girl gone wild and Revolver are good in all their basicness and trashiness.

Hey You is simply unforgivable.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  7. I will accept no hatred for Revulva. It is epic.

girlsaloudjunkie and DJBenW like this.
  8. The Above & Beyond Remix of ‘What It Feels Like For A Girl’ makes me feel so fucking gay.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Just discovered this cover, and pleased to hear it's not a patch on the original. No one comes close to capturing the emotion of Madonna's delivery on her own songs which is why covers are usually quite redundant. Her voice on this song (and on BS in particular) is so underrated, it really carries the song.

10. Great song!
    Was great @ the tour too.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  11. Just realised I attended Live Earth so I have actually seen her perform Hey You live.
    Braver than marines.

12. Gambler deserved to be on Celebration as did Give It To Me and Angel and not huge hit but one of her best in my opinion Get Together...

Womanizer, wolfgangna and Leis like this.
  13. This image exudes so much power, it's almost beyond belief that she did it all in 7 years. No-one else has come even remotely close.

14. Hey You is absolutely her worst single/released song and not even entirely because of the lyrics - they're not great, but Pharrell's horrendous paper-thin production doesn't even remotely try to make up for that.

Dishonorable mention for Cry Baby, where an attempt was made to serve Betty Boop but it winds up sounding like Angelica Pickles instead.

15. I love them both. Girl Gone Wild is Iconic.

Vasilios likes this.
  16. Girl Gone Wild is weird because like...it's a huge stupid gay bop, but I also acknowledge that it was M on lyrical and visual autopilot. She killed the choreo though.

17. RJF

RJF

Why are y'all discussing this like it's up for debate when the Madonna Discography Rate settled any and all ranking questions about mum's career?

18. It took me a long time to embrace Girl Gone Wild.
    I always thought it was a Dannii Minogue b-side - but since the tour and the performances, I kinda love it.

19. And two separate times in five years at that. Only the best for mommy x

FridayNight and RJF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.