Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3446 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I’m really excited for this shoot. It’s amazing how she can never run out of Marilyn homages.

2. Looks like it’s to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Hung Up from her Insta?

Andrew likes this.
  3. V Magazine posted the video originally with that music the other day. I don’t think it has anything to do with that, though. Hoping she will discuss the new Warner partnership, though, if there’s an interview.

joeee and RebelFingers like this.
  4. Tom Breihan wrote an in-depth article on Vogue, as part of Stereogum's The Number Ones series. It's excellent:

A kii!

Andrew and Orange like this.
  5. Tom Breihan is clearly deaf.

torontodj, blod, discoteca and 3 others like this.
  6. That two part duet is one of the best moments on I'm Breathless.

7. Now I'm following you is in Madonna hell with Hey you, GAY luvin', b-day song and Incredible.

Roey_says likes this.
  8. Hung Up was sixteen years ago (I feel ancient).

9. Same - was a magical time though

10. So much for time going by so slowly.

11. Were you waiting, anticipating, hesitating, levitating?

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  12. “Incredible” is fantastic, haters be damned.

13. Now I'm Following You is the only song I take from that demonic album other than Vogue. I think it's just Part 2 that I like, though. I can't even remember, which tells you how much I actively like it.

brauliocruz likes this.
  14. I legitimately love Now I'm Following You. It's tied with Back in Business as my favorite non-Vogue track from the album. He's a Man and Hanky Panky are the other two I use from it.

acl, IEngineered and relby like this.
  15. Sooner or Later and Something to Remember are both gorgeous songs. Wasn’t Now I’m Following You planned to be a single at one point?

16. Not going to accept any I'm Breathless slander in here. Cry Baby, More and I'm Going Bananas grate, but the rest of the songs range from good to fantastic.

blod and relby like this.
  17. Yes!
    Although I have to admit, I much prefer some of the album sings from Confessions over the singles. I get why she chose them as singles though.

18. Yes I think it was to be after Hanky Panky which didnt hit the top ten til end of July and by then the movie was starting to leave screens and the focus went to IC.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    WhatKindOfKylie?, RJF, joeee and 2 others like this.
  19. I'm Breathless is a terrific album. Madonna's own Back in Business should have been in Dick Tracy, not Sondheim's.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.