Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3715 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Which I need asap

2. Do we think there could be a collaborative remix album in the works?

3. The remix album is great! Bursting with energy. Like a Prayer should've probably just been the regular 7" version, but oh well. I'm looking forward to more remasters from the deluxe – the Club 69 mix of Nothing Really Matters and Thunderpuss mix of Don't Tell Me are gonna go OFF.

I'd definitely be intrigued by a remix compilation with new artists, which is what I initially expected from this. Madonna's always had great taste in new talent *points up at Shygirl mention* so I hope it really is in the cards. I suppose at some point we're gonna start getting remastered albums though so not sure if that would create a conflict?

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Which of these edits are actually new ones?

5. I think these two mixes are all that exist at the moment, even though I'd love a Shy collab at some point. Madonna did mention during her TikTok live that she was interested in doing more new remixes, bringing up "Vogue", "Music", and "Don't Tell Me", so she may actually follow through. She's obviously eager to create something at the moment while this film is in production. Could be a nice way to fill in the new album gap if she actually reinvents some hits with up and coming artists, although I'm sure a certain section of her fanbase would hate the idea.

electrosamurai and Andy French like this.
  6. The Living For Love remix was previously unavailable. I wonder why they never released it as part of the single.

Mvnl likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume the You Can Dance edit of Into The Groove has to be new as well considering it was previously a continuous mix?

8. phoenix123 and Mvnl like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Future Lover likes this.
  10. Mvnl likes this.
  11. There's also six full-length unmixed versions of these mixes (Physical Attraction is just the regular album version when unmixed), as well as five dubs available on CD/promo vinyl/cassettes.

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

What about the Hung Up 'Extended Vocal Edit'?

Andrew and johnoclock like this.
  13. Me, too! Wow! What a performance.

14. Think that was always on streaming? I know there was definitely a digital bundle with edits released at the time! It's true, several edits are promo only, but the "Living for Love" is the only true exclusive so far.

HolyWater and Mvnl like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ah right, thanks, just found it on Discogs!
    These nondestinctive names that only add 'edit' are not the easiest to track down when it comes to proper year tags

Future Lover likes this.
  16. I have a hard time with a lot of the 2010s remixes of Madonna's songs. I feel like a lot of the melodicism is lost because the DJ feels like hitting me in the eardrums with a hammer over and over. Anyone know any good obscure remixes - professional or amateur - of her post-2010 output?

Tchelitchew and HolyWater like this.
  17. Such a fantastic album, but I cannot wait for the full deluxe edition. Way too many classic tracks are missing. All in all, what a great project this is though.

18. Has Britney been watching the Drag Race reading compilations on YouTube?

Leopold likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.