Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3717 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Loving the remixes on the new compilation, praying the deluxe gets uploaded to streaming when it's released because I need moar!! More specifically the single mix of Keep It Together.

2. Coolrockgirl likes this.
  3. I watched Desperately Seeking Susan for the first time today. I've been a fan for ages, so I don't know what took me so long. It's a total delight and perfectly captures the grimy NYC milieu that Madonna emerged in, as well as her massive charisma and charm. I love that Rosanna Arquette's character becomes so fixated on M's persona that she spontaneously decides to adopt her whole identity. Relatable, really.

tommylander and blod like this.
  4. I'm listening to the remix album now and... I guess I should have paid closer attention when the album was announced, because I thought it would be a bit more interesting. I've never really explored Madonna's remixes, so I was expecting to discover some cool reintrepretations of these songs, but aside from a few gems, it's mostly just a bunch of radio edits/single versions and generic club mixes.

5. She looks absolutely incredible. Like my godddddddd

cookiedough likes this.
  6. I adore this image on the bed but they're all excellent

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  7. Well, yes, pretty sure these were the versions of the tracks that helped the songs go number one on the dance charts at the time. I think it's actually a pretty good way to trace how dance music has progressed over the last 40 years or so. I guess it's seen as "generic" now, but it certainly wasn't the case back then.

rav4boy, Angeleyes, R0B0TB0Y and 11 others like this.
  8. When is Miss Lourdes coming for the Pop crown?

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The Keith Haring stuff will always hit hard cos they directly fund my position as an HIV/harm reduction case worker. It's so beautiful to see how much his work has come to prevalence throughout the city. I got to meet the board president not long ago and it was super surreal

[​IMG]

He was super sweet

[​IMG]

10. It's a great time capsule. Not all have stood the test of time but the Music Deep Dish remix is still so good.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  11. I believe David will snatch that Crown!

12. Lola doesn’t seem to have any interest in doing music at the moment, though she has said never say never, and that she’d probably do something along the lines of Shygirl and Eartheater if she did venture into that realm (which… give it to me now).

Mr Blonde and electrosamurai like this.
  13. I never used to be a fan of club remixes, but over the years I’ve really grown to like them, and these remixes are just so fun and a different way of experiencing Madonna’s back catalogue, it’s so nice to have them in one package, I’m looking forward to the relentless 50 track edition.

aux, Mr.Arroz, Mvnl and 5 others like this.
  14. Still so mad at the deluxe cover dd

15. I love the remixes for the way the tracks aren’t completely unrecognisable- there are new things to discover whilst also retaining the charm and impact of the originals.

Mvnl and electrosamurai like this.
  16. The only real miss here is Living For Love - are her vocals even on it?

17. It’s the full unreleased vocal remix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.