Madonna - General Discussion | Page 622 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I never thought that one came across as campy as some of her other songs, maybe because it lacks the "gay disco" sound.

And I wanted it for other reasons aswell, but I mean it's a classic hit and she barely performs it.

Vogue and Hung Up are by far more campy than EY imo.

Also everything with Ray of Light (the single) is overrated imo and she barely manage to do that one good live anyways.

Oh well, as long as she won't play the guitar *cross fingers*.

2. Who knows (or cares) if this is true, but I thought it was funny:

The ongoing feud between Lady Gaga and the woman she impersonates--er--looks to for inspiration is heating up. Yes, Madonna the original individualistic, envelope-pushing, outré Material Girl has reportedly demanded that her pop star/provocateur carbon copy must be barred from any Oscar after party that Madonna attends. Oh well, you can't blame a woman for knowing what she wants--or doesn't want near her at a party.

Yes, Madonna reportedly issued an ultimatum almost a month before the 84th Academy Awards ceremony. Oscar after party planners must make a choice. They can either have Madonna at their party or they can have her cartoonish imitation, Lady Gaga. They cannot have both. Makes sense.

"It's unusual for Madonna to be so petty," reveals a source. "She doesn't usually act like this, even about bitter enemies such as Sean Penn and J-Lo. But she didn't want to be forced into a photo-op with GaGa."

And who can blame her? Madonna probably doesn't want to get close enough to the Lady to get stung by the live bees in her bonnet or to smell the meat in her dress which must get pretty putrid by the end of the evening

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66137981.html#ixzz1kx8jRjgT

3. Doubtful. Doesn't she usually host her own party with Demi Moore? (less likely this year I'd imagine).

4. Obviously not true !

5. nevermind

nevermind Guest

"She doesn't usually act like this, even about bitter enemies such as Sean Penn and J-Lo."

Excuse me?

6. Has Madonna ever even acknowledged the existence of Jennifer?

7. I severely doubt Madonna gives a damn. She's been on TV before with Lady Gaga and seems to like her. Lady Gaga is clearly influenced by Madonna but what female popstar in the charts isn't?

In the past I've called Gaga a 'calculated Madonna copyist', but there's been two times (possibly three) in the past that I feel Gaga overtly copied Madonna to the point it felt like a real swindle. But Lady Gaga has her own (disco) shtick and despite laying claim to elements of Madonna's pop persona, she's still got enough of her own bravura to mark herself out from the pop pack.

8. I'm not sure but Madonna's supposed dislike of Jennifer is one of her finer personality points. We should all refuse to acknowledge the existence of Jennifer Lopez!

9. Hey, now!

10. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I hear 'makes'.

11. It was heavily rumored that Jennifer was suppose to be a part of the 2003 VMA performance. There were photos of Madonna leaving Jennifer's house in LA...

12. That would've been amazing. Let's face it, Xtina was entirely redundant in that performance. Jennifer would've been snatching wigs left right and centre.

13. All I know is Madonna wanted Pink to do it, but got Britney or Christina instead, because Pink was too busy at the time.

14. Oops!

I was on my iPhone at the time and didn't see all the posts!

15. Such BS.

16. We're cool! OveranaltyicalGreat minds?

Maybe she was just using Jennifer's driveway to turn around?

17. I do remember stories about Madonna and Jennifer Lopez feuding bu then they made up or something but god knows what is true and what isn't.. and I didn't think Sean was a bitter enemy? I thought her only true enemies were Elton John and Mariah Carey?

And I swear in the Music album booklet it says in the lyrics 'Music makes the boregouise and the rebel come together' but she just don't sing come together.

18. Yeah they hated each other for years but became friends at Herb Ritts' funeral, apparently. J.Lo has been complimentary about Madonna in the media a couple of times since.

19. Was it Christopher or Rupert who reminisced about a party at Donatella Versace's house where Jennifer Lopez showed up all of a sudden, causing both Madonna and Gwyneth - whom J. Lo had dissed only weeks before, miauw - to throw a fit. Oh, to be a fly on the wall ...

Of course, the truth of the story is up for debate, no matter which of the two sources I've mentioned it comes from.

20. I've read that story somewhere too. Madonna seemingly waited for Jennifer to take her seat, then she stood up and announced to everyone in the room:

"Dinner is over."

And it was after that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.