Madonna - General Discussion | Page 646 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Is it half time now? I don't understand this shitty game.

2. Ahh they said we are minutes away from Madonna!!

3. It's halftime. They are setting up the stage right about now.

4. Her headgear in the picture she just posted is strange.

5. FUCK MY LIFE WOOOOOW

6. Is it wrong that I'm slightly speechless? I'm not even near being a complete Madonna stan but she completely slayed my life about five times over with that.

7. And that is why she is the number one superstar the world has ever seen.

8. Madonna was terrible but Cee Lo sounded great. Did anyone else catch her slip on the stairs (the one's that light up)?

9. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Everyone did! The clip is being uploaded onto Youtube in its hundreds.

10. dead at M.I.A. flipping off the camera. That's why I love her.

11. Just watched it. I loved it. The songs could've been mixed into newer versions but I guess she was aiming for a "this is why you love/d me" performance.

Nothing more for me to add, really.

12. This is the review that comes closest to it:

http://freakytrigger.co.uk/ft/2010/08/madonna-like-a-prayer/

13. Because she's a desperate tryhard?

14. Speaking of tryhards...

15. Good one, as always.

16. You're welcome!

17. LTG

LTG

Like a Prayer is one of the first Madonna songs I ever heard knowing it was by her. It's always been my favourite of her songs, and that performance was just breathtaking.

18. Just watched it. Great performance to be fair. Never thought Id see Madonna, of all people shuffling, but it was excellent.

19. LJB

LJB

The tour's gonna be Cheerleader themed it's it? Eurgh. And I've just come to realise Sticky & Sweet only really had 2 'dark', substantive moments. Devil and Like A Prayer.

I now long for Cleopatra-donna. I basically just want her to do a Kylie tour. Sticky and Sweet fucking sucked.

20. I have to say that whole performance was right up there with the best, most Iconic moments of Madonna's career. Obviously she was going for "classic Madonna" but Vogue was momentous, including LMFAO sounded terrible on paper was actually really fun. I am still a bit put off by the new song and Nicki, but so far, this era seems so much more inspired than Hard Candy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.