Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Second Single) | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Second Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RJF, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray

nevermind, can you add the mortgage quote to your sig? (Not removing the bit that's there already.)

2. They are actually still pushing Give Me All Your Luvin' in Germany (TV adverts etc.)
    I still wonder if any of the Orbit tracks would be single worthy or if Masterpiece is indeed the best ballad of the album. That's why it could have been chosen as a UK radio single.

Would she shoot a video for Masterpiece? I highly doubt it. She'd probably say "go use some of W.E. for the video if you bother to have one".

3. ROC

ROC

If Masterpiece is the best Orbit track on the album (and the best thing they can think of for a new single) this record is the most doomed Madonna project to date, I mean the way she recklessly abandoned Hard Candy I could kind of understand, but this is her FIRST record on a new label. Get it right!

4. nevermind

nevermind Guest

Thanks, Ray! This woman... amazing.
    And Little L, the reviewers said Masterpiece does not fit the album, neither does Give Me All Your Luvin' for that matter. So, I don't think it's the best ballad there.

5. ^^ Well the other ballads should be Falling Free (or Free Falling, whatever it is now) and Love Spent. Some Girls is an Orbit midtempo if I remember correctly. But true, Masterpiece is probably more of an additional bonus ballad on MDNA because it was already known and thus talked about a lot & the reason why it's a UK radio single now.

Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up could be very good too, not sure if they're uptempo songs (likely, they're by Solveig). But since PJ said it's worth getting the deluxe edition..we'd know more if we had the review by now! Thanks.

6. I'm loving this now. Vocals could be better, but you can't help but get it stuck in your brain

7. me tooooo *lufs it*

8. nevermind

nevermind Guest

It's rising on iTunes!!!111!!

Madonna: 2
    Ageism: 0

9. Its a golden globe winning song already... maybe that goes some reason in to explaining why they feel they should run with it? It would have made more sense to have released it in January though if thats the case... or double A side with GAY luvin

10. According to the new release schedule on Haven, Girls Gone Wild is out UK 2nd April.

11. Girl Gone Wild / Masterpiece double A side, go for it Madge.
    Then there'll be that bit for everyone, critics and clubbers.

12. Radio 2 still have "Masterpiece" as a 2 April release

Double A side? How retro.

13. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Ooooh double A side, Into The Groove style! Or maybe not.

14. Masterpiece is a buzz single

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Buzz era.

16. nevermind

nevermind Guest

I don't know if it's true:

17. what i find amazing is that there has been absolutely no press release or real promotion in the UK yet for anything other than the pre-order promo for the album....

18. What the hell is the point in releasing Girls Gone Wild April 2nd, when we can buy it from the album March whatever?

19. Ray

Ray

Perhaps MDNA is just a buzz album?

20. I prefer this strategy , they have gone back to basics. old school!

April 2nd, we will have radio, the video maybe even a TV performance and a physical?!

HYPE!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.