Madonna - Give Me All Your Luvin' (First Single) | Page 269 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Give Me All Your Luvin' (First Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Had she done it we'd be also hearing about how desperate and boring it was, likely from the same folks.

Anyway, I loved every moment of it, INCLUDING the M.I.A. bit (she looked fantastic as well). This whole era feels like a massive celebration of Madonna as the biggest and most important female artist of all time, and the Superbowl performance was the icing on the cake for me. Couldn't be more pleased right now.

Also, I'm in love with this song. It's just so irresistible.

2. I won't be downloading it anytime soon or anything, but the LMFAO remix is a lot less awful/embarrassing than I expected.

3. I'm just glad the remix is an actual remix and not just some horrible, tacked-on rap verse a la 'The One That Got Away' B.o.B. version.

4. Blown away. I loved it so much! She was amazing! (goes back to watching it repeatedly....)

5. I get that feeling too, but really shouldn't this "massive celebration" more rightly occured to promote - I don't know - "CELEBRATION". Which basically no-one (other than me) seemed to celebrate?

6. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

7. I definitely prefer the original version of 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' over the LMFAO remix. Cutting out M.I.A. is a mistake, and they've turned it into just another dance track.

That's OK, though. It's just a remix!

8. I know I'm posting here like mad, but oh well... SockMonkey, I love you. And you were right.

9. That performance really was quite special. LOVED IT.

10. I went out with some friends that were visiting from out of town. They seemed indifferent with most of the halftime show. But when M.I.A. came up, they perked up. When 'Like a Prayer' happened, they were like, "Oh my god. The stage just sucked the field up like a vacuum." And when it ended " ... Oh my...oh my GOD. She exploded!!"

I personally thought the whole damn thing was fantastic. I love you, Madonna. Thank you for making my friends believe that you exploded.

Oh Joseph Kahn! What an amazing thing to say.

I felt the same. Usually I find him quite shrill, but he impressed me.

!!!!!

11. My thoughts:

- Vogue was everything. An iconic and utterly memorable performance. Just the right amount of spectacle. Kylie who?

- I'm not going to let the lipsynching bother me. This is one of the rare occasions where it's justifiable. Slightly disappointing though.

- Like A Prayer wasn't lipsynched was it? Either way it gave me shivers throughout, although that might just be due to it being the best song ever.

- Music seemed an appropriate choice for this kind of venue/performance, even though it's one of her worse singles. LMFAO looked as ridiculous and superfluous to proceedings as I thought they would. I'm glad they won't gain any credibility from this.

- Gimme All Your Love was fine but sounded a bit silly next to her massive hits. It was surreal seeing MIA in such a situation. People aren't seriously bothered that she swore are they? They needed some very mild "controversy" and that was so tame that it was naughty without compromising Madonnas public reaction.

It was a very strong performance and exactly what she needed right now.

12. All hail Madonna, amazing - resistance is futile. She is so going to clean up this year. It makes me feel so happy.

13. The Borg Queen wishes she was as cool as Madonna.

14. Has there been much media response yet?

I was expecting my twitter to be bursting at the seams, but it was just full of the usual 6000 retweets from Khia.

15. M.I.A is actually getting some minor heat for giving the camera the middle finger. It's really ridiculous. NBC and the NFL both issued apologies for it.

16. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Flopping at UK iTunes, what the fuck??

17. Most UK pop fans won't have stayed up that late just to watch the Superbowl.

I'm sure people will watch it when they wake up and there'll be a sales increase.

18. The blatant miming of the whole thing put me off a bit. They didn't even bother to re-record Give Me All Your Luvin' and I suspect other vocals had been used before? Great performance nonetheless.

19. She "put it down" to borrow from Kelly Rowland. It was stunning from start to finish although the LMFAO/Music mashup just served to make Music even worse than it was before. Like A Prayer was amazing. Her energy is infectious. Im heading out to work and I actually do feel empowered by her in general.

20. I'm rewatching this for the third time. So, so good. M.I.A. is hilarious, and I love her and Nicki together (at least in terms of chemistry).

Also- I neglected to mention that the choir robes in the 'Like a Prayer' segment make it look like she's singing with penguins.
    Antarctic-donna.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.