Madonna - Madame X Tour & Film | Page 269 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour & Film

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. Paramount+ makes sense considering Showtime got Rebel Heart, and it's the same company.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  2. Or better yet just tell me the date when I can buy it and own it.

3. MDNA Tour - lackluster boring cover
    Rebel Heart Tour - finally a great, exciting cover (thanks to fan requests)
    Madame X Tour - is there any hope left?

4. I came across a video on Instagram suggesting the show only consists of 14 songs, which is a bit disappointing

Intro
    God Control
    Dark Ballet
    Human Nature
    Vogue
    I Don’t Search, I Find
    American Life
    Batuka
    Crazy
    Extreme Occident
    Rescue Me Interlude
    Frozen
    Future
    I Rise

5. I’d be very surprised if that was the case. They’re never gonna cut Like A Prayer.

Roey_says likes this.
  6. I’d hope not. I’d be gutted to lose Come Alive as well.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  7. Medellin was a proper moment in the show, so I don't see her being willing to cut that out unless it just really didn't look good on film.

Roey_says and Andrew.L like this.
  8. Are they just basing that off what the trailer showed? nn

Roey_says and Andy French like this.

9. Crazy getting her moment, love to see it!

R0B0TB0Y, JXCK94, P'NutButter and 3 others like this.
  10. Maybe there's an edited version for streaming/broadcast, with the physical copy being the 'full' show? That's happened a few times when her concerts have been broadcast in the UK.

I remember being delighted when I bought the VHS of The Girlie Show as it had about 3 extra songs on compared to the version I'd recorded off the telly.

11. There's no point having a truncated version for streaming - there's no advertising - the medium is perfect for long form content.

Juango likes this.
  12. No, Rebel Heart was released just like the Showtime version, same for MDNA. Shows were only aired edited only on public tv like Confessions (aired on NBC). The Girlie Show was aired in full on HBO, same for Drowned World Tour.

13. RJF

RJF

Mother was not in the editing suite for sixteen thousand years just to chop songs off the setlist. It's a streaming exclusive; who cares how long it is?

HolyWater, lushLuck, LTG and 2 others like this.
  14. Well, Love Don’t Live Here Anymore was cut from Rebel Heart and she was in the editing suite for 1 year! Let’s pray this will be complete.
    Paramount is not Netflix also, I physical release will probably arrive sometime next year.

15. RJF

RJF

Is that not potentially a rights issue because it isn't her song? Nothing of value was lost anyway!

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I'm pretty sure Love Don't Live Here Anymore being cut was due to rights but I might be wrong. As long as I get Frozen I'm fine.

17. I never got the rights issue since she did two more covers on the special (there’s the ending credits song too) and it wasn’t even the full song. It was a GREAT moment in the show with everybody losing ther mind when she started singing it.

discoteca, achilles and RebelFingers like this.
  18. Love Don't Live Here was defiantly a standout moment for me, I couldn't believe it was cut.

19. There was still a small sample left in the performance so probably it was for some other reason.

electrosamurai likes this.
  20. I think the issue would have to be with lyrics, that's when you need to pay other people and they probably wanted to avoid that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.