Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 140 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. They need to do like I Love Lucy and set her watch and clocks an hour or two ahead. Then she'll think it's 10:30 when it's only 8:30 or 9.

2. I'm a night owl myself but I do find it can take a toll physically (tired, sleeping unexpectedly throughout the day).

I wonder how Madonna deals with this physically. Although I'm a night owl, I'm not a superstar performer giving a 2-hour+ performance until about 1:30 into the morning. How does she come down from this? I would imagine it takes hours to be able to relax and fall asleep. I don't know if it's arrogance or maybe she really does feel this is her peak time to perform. Somehow I can't imagine Madonna sleeps into noon or 1:00 p.m.

3. She doesn’t really sleep much at all because she suffers from insomnia – always has. She said she never goes to bed before 2am and usually has to get up in the morning for her kids.

Andy French and torontodj like this.
  4. It only takes her 40 minutes and the blood of two young pop girls careers to regenerate so there really is no excuse for this lateness.

relby, James2009, SlowBurn and 17 others like this.
  5. LTG

LTG

Get Citymapper and get a night bus. It’ll be £1.50.

6. to fall in love
    to fall in love!

push the button likes this.
  7. I’ve seen her twice. One MDNA show and one Rebel Heart show. For both these shows she was late and the last section of the tour was heavily cut down or abruptly stopped all together (Rebel Heart). And even though the ticket for RH cost more than my monthly mortgage payment it wouldn’t have bothered me had I experienced the full show.

It is disappointing. "She’s Madonna" isn’t a plausible excuse. If she wants to start later that’s absolutely fine but don’t have your start time be 9pm then go on at 11 or after. Just say it’s 11. Start on time, do a full set. No excuses.

I don’t post often but frequently read all the time. Before I get a "don’t go and see her then" post... I really don’t plan to anymore.

8. I don't like to be late by the way

-is late for 80% of her concerts the past decade-

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  9. Madame X is a.....troll ?

beautifulmorning and Meathook like this.
  10. Not sure if this can be posted here but I have 2x Lisbon tickets for sale, Sunday 12th Jan. Just looking for what I paid for them. Drop me a message if interested! Thanks.

11. Lowkey considering an impromptu trip to Lisbon now. Shame it's in January and all.

The Holy Spearit and HolyWater like this.
  12. She cancelled again?

Staticboombox likes this.
  13. The first Los Angeles concert was cnacelled.

14. She might cancel the first few dates! BEWARE.

chasingthepast likes this.
  15. *breathes nervously in Las Vegas date*

matthew. and Vasilios like this.
  16. I actually understand the first LA show being canceled, it only gave them a day to pack out, rebuild and test all of the elements after leaving Vegas.

Even though it doesn't seem that intricate

17. God you’re so funny!

18. AM I? Make sure you laugh then!

matthew., Lioncourt and JMRGBY like this.
  19. I wouldn't be able to laugh if I were a toxic stan, tbh

20. Nice.
    People acting like Madonna is Janet (or Gaga) is funny, I have to say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.