Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 170 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. Did she not use both of these on the Re-Invention Tour though

EDIT: Guess I can’t do math re: Into The Groove. But as I recall Dress You Up’s arrangement for Re-Invention was basically a slightly modernized take on the album version.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Time to fire up that computer and put in the CD, or maybe even sign up for Spotify

I kid

4. RJF

RJF

Eh, I get that sometimes it's annoying when a reworked version of a beloved hit simply doesn't land, but... I'll always appreciate her trying? These girls out here making setlists by putting their This Is playlists on shuffle from Spotify need to learn. I'll always love the fact that she goes out of her way to think about a cohesive show, and how to bring older songs into the current world she's inhabiting. Like, Lady Gaga has been doing the same damn arrangement of "Just Dance" for eleven years, down to the fake keytar playing. If I have to choose one end of the spectrum, I'll take Madonna's.

Kylie and Britney ('s respective music directors) low-key have the monopoly on good reworks. Although Beyoncé has been coming close in recent years.

FridayNight, LPT, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  5. LET ME
    LIVE

djmakemewet likes this.
  6. Amen. At what point did You Thrill Me even come up in conversation?! I would LOVE fly on the wall footage of meetings, recording sessions, Madonna's reactions on hearing Stuart's new versions for the first time...

jakeyfw, Andy French and Future Lover like this.
  7. It was supposed to be Deeper & Deeper at first.

8. I had a theory that You Thrill Me was rediscovered when she was having her back catalogue digitised for that cancelled box set. It’s probably not the case but you never know.

mindtrappa likes this.
  9. Well, for someone who didn't buy tickets because of Eurovision you certainly seem to be interested in the tour if you're posting on page 169 of the thread on the tour.

I guess some people have a lot of free time on their hands.

electrosamurai likes this.
  10. I was actually going to suggest the same thing. It’s how they discovered “Your Honesty”, and Stuart was supposed to be remixing/remastering everything.

11. I wonder if the new remaster of Like A Prayer is going to be the one Stuart did (if the story of him doing the remasters of the whole catalog is true).

push the button likes this.
  12. She probably realized the spoken Dita bits wouldn't translate well and sought the demo which is pretty admirable about her. There are bits of the original song during the break but it blew me away hearing a demo version being performed considering how she isn't a fan of unfinished works.

13. Grrrr. I get so frustrated when I think about that damn box and its wasted potential. The timeline where it actually saw release just has to be the better one, no?

14. Still though, nothing will beat the released Erotica. I wish we got to see her perform it in all its raw glory just one more time instead of Justify My Love.

Lioncourt likes this.
  15. I didn’t like what he did with Vogue though. It sounded cheap. I’d rather Madonna concentrate on getting good writers back like Pat than reteaming with old producers. Just my opinion. I don’t think what she did with Orbit or Mirwais years later are all that great. They were a product of their time.

16. Can you even imagine a Mirwais revisited version of the Like A Prayer album.
    Ok wig.

Andy French and rav4boy like this.
  17. Why would reteaming with Pat Leonard be any different than her reteaming with Orbit/Mirwais?

Andy French and johnoclock like this.
  18. For writing, not producing. Mirwais and Orbit’s sound has been done and in my opinion did not bring enough to the table the second time around. Patrick gets her and writes terrific melodies but I wouldn’t want a return of his sound. That’s where a new producer comes in just as they did with Ray of Light. Patrick was on writing and Orbit added his spin on the demos.

19. I think the return of Mirwais has been very succesful, in fact I think Madame X is their definitive collaborative work.

LPT, Dreampopboy, Zdarlight and 3 others like this.
  20. Paradise (Not For Me) will always be it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.