Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 171 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. I was actually going to suggest the same thing. It’s how they discovered “Your Honesty”, and Stuart was supposed to be remixing/remastering everything.

2. I wonder if the new remaster of Like A Prayer is going to be the one Stuart did (if the story of him doing the remasters of the whole catalog is true).

push the button likes this.
  3. She probably realized the spoken Dita bits wouldn't translate well and sought the demo which is pretty admirable about her. There are bits of the original song during the break but it blew me away hearing a demo version being performed considering how she isn't a fan of unfinished works.

4. Grrrr. I get so frustrated when I think about that damn box and its wasted potential. The timeline where it actually saw release just has to be the better one, no?

5. Still though, nothing will beat the released Erotica. I wish we got to see her perform it in all its raw glory just one more time instead of Justify My Love.

Lioncourt likes this.
  6. I didn’t like what he did with Vogue though. It sounded cheap. I’d rather Madonna concentrate on getting good writers back like Pat than reteaming with old producers. Just my opinion. I don’t think what she did with Orbit or Mirwais years later are all that great. They were a product of their time.

7. Can you even imagine a Mirwais revisited version of the Like A Prayer album.
    Ok wig.

Andy French and rav4boy like this.
  8. Why would reteaming with Pat Leonard be any different than her reteaming with Orbit/Mirwais?

Andy French and johnoclock like this.
  9. For writing, not producing. Mirwais and Orbit’s sound has been done and in my opinion did not bring enough to the table the second time around. Patrick gets her and writes terrific melodies but I wouldn’t want a return of his sound. That’s where a new producer comes in just as they did with Ray of Light. Patrick was on writing and Orbit added his spin on the demos.

10. I think the return of Mirwais has been very succesful, in fact I think Madame X is their definitive collaborative work.

11. Paradise (Not For Me) will always be it.

12. My ultimate dream. Honestly M, go for whatever producer/soundscape you want, but do the writing with Pat.

13. Not this again...

14. Boring chat to be honest. Yeah she’s working with past producers of late occasionally but only while pushing her and their sound into brand new directions. Whether she works with Pat, Jellybean, Shep or bloody Babyface again don’t go expecting what you believe were her halcyon days.

15. The instrumental reworkings that Patrick was doing back in the day were... extremely questionable and dated. I don't doubt he's still got it, but even his sensibilities moved to Leonard Cohen etc. Not sure if anything "pop" would come out of it.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  16. Errr... Yeah. I am. And I do...

Not sure what your point is.

17. Patrick Leonard himself said they’re in different headspaces now. The fans need to let that pipe dream go, it’s been literally thirty years.

(Same for the people who start whining for Freddy Demann every time Guy Oseary so much as breathes in a way they don’t like. The man is eighty, and by all accounts basically retired. Lord knows he’s earned it.)

matthew., Coolrockgirl and JMRGBY like this.
  18. I don't recall seeing that she did part of Fever acapella

19. Madonna vocoding every vocal including Prince's on Love Song.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  20. Man relax. I’m sure if it was for her during the rebel heart tour older songs would have been discarded. Also she knows well when it’s time to change gears, or do you really think all the choices in her career were guided by her artistic will, because that is a fantasy. The American life flags vid is a example but there are many others that comes to my mind. Maybe to be forced is a strong expression, let’s say the market will show her the way. Next tour, if we will have one, will have more older songs. I’m not expecting a immaculate collection tour by the way...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.