Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. I don't get why fans aren't allowed to dream that they would collaborate again sometime in the future. As long as they're both alive there is a chance. I'm sure it's all up to Madonna. She is known to change her mind on things on the go so even if she didn't feel like it was the right thing to do today she actually might in two years.

Disco Blister likes this.
  2. Let’s not twist anyone’s words. There’s no problem with ~dreaming. I still dream she’ll team up with Mondino for a video one day. But this conversation was based in reality, regarding whether Patrick had said something or not – I provided proof that he more recently said they probably won’t ever work together again because their approach to music is different these days, which is what @Andy French originally said but was told otherwise by someone. Nothing more or less.

nikkysan likes this.
  3. ...sure they will probably never work together again. On the other side Madonna will never say never unless she is not respecting the other contributor. When they worked on Ray of light it really worked in the best possible way. I know everyone is in love with her collaborating again with Mirwais But i honestly think the best cuts from madame x are not his apart from a few exceptions. I think I am more interested in who she is as an artist when she feels like collaborating with Mirwais then his actual contribution. I’m totally happy with madame x but I was hoping to get a paradise not for me and, rightly so,I was a bit disappointed by their output (Sure Medellin and God Control are great). I would welcome back Pat any day. Nevertheless with Rebel and Madame she gained my trust back. I can not wait to have her busy with more music. Fuck the movies

LoveSoSoft and Coolrockgirl like this.
  4. She was beyond incredible tonight. Reviews really don’t do the show or her justice.

I will say that she is genuinely hilarious. There were several points in the show where she remarked that the venue was too cold (meanwhile I’m in my seat sweating), and eventually she wore a big ass purple fur coat for “American Life” followed by her George Washington jacket for much of the Fado Club section because she wanted a blue coat to match her look and all the ones that were offered up from the audience were too ugly nn.

Before the show:

They announced that there had been some sort of difficulty during the run through earlier and there would be a slight delay. She came on maybe just after 11. Nobody seemed to mind, to my surprise. Maybe too drunk to care. Gaspar and some other band members came out in front of the curtain beforehand and started playing acoustic versions of “Secret”,”Don’t Tell Me”, “Like a Virgin” and “Who’s That Girl” which everyone sang along to.

The audience was amazing and responsive, which M clearly loved, and I’m so thankful for. Overall, a really amazing night. I’ve only been able to attend the MDNA and Rebel Heart tours, but between those and Madame X, this was most definitely my favorite show and experience.

5. Thank you for the review! So no sign of pain on her knee, right? Great!

LPT likes this.
  6. I’m glad to see a positive review because I came across a whole bunch of terrible ones on Twitter.

7. How did Mirwais on Madame X not bring enough new to the table? Every single track he produced on Madame X sounded completely different from what they did together on American Life and Music, especially Medellin and Batuka.

8. She’s still bandaged up, but you’d never know she was ever in pain with the way she was running around (she was extra careful on the stairs) and being thrown, spun, and dragged around by her dancers.

9. dddd The singalong with the band acoustically pre show is possibly the best warm up act ever. Delivering the big hits she's never gonna play. I love this idea.

10. They also played more traditional Portuguese (?) numbers as well in between each M classic. No idea if they do it at every show, but it really made me feel like ~home as soon as I heard the opening chords to “Secret” out of nowhere. The room was warm and buzzing. It felt really special.

rav4boy and push the button like this.
  11. Yes, they are doing it at every show. There is a bottled from LA or Vegas I don’t remember with the whole set.

mindtrappa likes this.
  12. hmmm I wonder if the band has a twitter / insta account so i can get my acoustic requests in prior to my show.

rav4boy likes this.
  13. The always do the same set of songs mindtrappa reported.

push the button likes this.
  14. I think I would actually faint if she performed Secret - or any of the Bedtime Stories singles or songs apart from Human Nature - again. I’m still glad Human has persisted in her setlists for so long because it sums up her entire ethos better than anything, but I’d love to hear an updated version of a deep cut from that album. Hell, I’d settle for the title track.

15. She performed Secret quite a few times although not every night in the acoustic section of the Rebel Heart Tour.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  16. Oh just have to say “Crazy” and “Extreme Occident” might have been my favorite numbers. Neither of them are what I expected, but they were gorgeous. Also she was having lots of fun with the autotune when it was used (Which didn’t feel like a lot? Maybe I’m used to her sounding like a robot now, or maybe it just sounds different in person), she held and twisted her own notes live to be how she wanted them to sound. It was pretty cool. Her voice was on point, even though you could tell she was still recovering from being sick.

17. I can't wait to see Extreme Occident live when the professional footage is released in some format. Heard it's simple but the staging and stairs moving makes it heavenly.

18. You heard correctly.

Lioncourt likes this.
  19. I’m sorry I’m sure this has been asked before but I assume this tour is being filmed at some point?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.