Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. I need an Erotica 30th anniversary tour in 2022.

2. Actually, he that despite being in different headspaces, he said that they could probably come up with something great if they worked together again.

3. This is very true. Reinvention was essentially a Greatest Hits Tour. The set list alone - she dove deep into her back catalog:

The Beast Within
    Vogue
    Frozen
    Express Yourself
    Burning Up
    Material Girl
    Hanky Panky
    Deeper and Deeper
    Bedtime Story
    Don't Tell Me
    Like a Prayer
    Into the Groove
    Papa Don't Preach
    Crazy for You
    Music
    Holiday

4. It was actually her choice to add the older songs in (as well as the “request” section) because she felt the show was too dark.

Andrew.L, enhanced CD and matthew. like this.
  5. I still wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you

nikkysan and matthew. like this.
  6. When was that? Because he said this on Instagram right before Madame X was released:

7. I believe Madonnatribe was granted an interview with him. It was one of the fan sites where he talked about doing scores. He didn’t shut the door on it, just basically said that he didn’t think she’d be interested and he hadn’t been doing pop music in a long time, just film scoring.

Edit: here’s an article from 2013 where he says he would absolutely work with her again:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2013/10/...ns-how-like-a-prayer-other-hits-were-composed

Here he is last year saying he was going to reach out to her for his Madonna project to see if she would like to participate:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8459132/patrick-leonard-interview-kickstarter-madonna

He would like to work with her again...

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2014...eales-all-on-madonnas-like-a-prayer-and-more/

Disco Blister and MrBartolozzi like this.
  8. I'd spend no less than $1K on a ticket to see that album performed in its entirety for its 30th. Hell, she could restage The Girlie Show

9. This.

10. With the exception of the Billboard article, these are all far less recent than the quote I posted. Seems he’s given up on the idea of them creating anything new together, since the project he intended to reach out to her for was simply reworking pre-existing tracks, and even then it wasn’t necessarily for her to work directly on it.

11. Je suis prête.

nikkysan likes this.
  12. If Madonna reached out to him to work on songs together I doubt he’d say no. At the very least he’s incredibly nice to fans and very engaging. I had a great conversation with him online a few months ago.

Disco Blister and MrBartolozzi like this.
  13. I don't get why fans aren't allowed to dream that they would collaborate again sometime in the future. As long as they're both alive there is a chance. I'm sure it's all up to Madonna. She is known to change her mind on things on the go so even if she didn't feel like it was the right thing to do today she actually might in two years.

Disco Blister likes this.
  14. Let’s not twist anyone’s words. There’s no problem with ~dreaming. I still dream she’ll team up with Mondino for a video one day. But this conversation was based in reality, regarding whether Patrick had said something or not – I provided proof that he more recently said they probably won’t ever work together again because their approach to music is different these days, which is what @Andy French originally said but was told otherwise by someone. Nothing more or less.

nikkysan likes this.
  15. ...sure they will probably never work together again. On the other side Madonna will never say never unless she is not respecting the other contributor. When they worked on Ray of light it really worked in the best possible way. I know everyone is in love with her collaborating again with Mirwais But i honestly think the best cuts from madame x are not his apart from a few exceptions. I think I am more interested in who she is as an artist when she feels like collaborating with Mirwais then his actual contribution. I’m totally happy with madame x but I was hoping to get a paradise not for me and, rightly so,I was a bit disappointed by their output (Sure Medellin and God Control are great). I would welcome back Pat any day. Nevertheless with Rebel and Madame she gained my trust back. I can not wait to have her busy with more music. Fuck the movies

LoveSoSoft and Coolrockgirl like this.
  16. She was beyond incredible tonight. Reviews really don’t do the show or her justice.

I will say that she is genuinely hilarious. There were several points in the show where she remarked that the venue was too cold (meanwhile I’m in my seat sweating), and eventually she wore a big ass purple fur coat for “American Life” followed by her George Washington jacket for much of the Fado Club section because she wanted a blue coat to match her look and all the ones that were offered up from the audience were too ugly nn.

Before the show:

They announced that there had been some sort of difficulty during the run through earlier and there would be a slight delay. She came on maybe just after 11. Nobody seemed to mind, to my surprise. Maybe too drunk to care. Gaspar and some other band members came out in front of the curtain beforehand and started playing acoustic versions of “Secret”,”Don’t Tell Me”, “Like a Virgin” and “Who’s That Girl” which everyone sang along to.

The audience was amazing and responsive, which M clearly loved, and I’m so thankful for. Overall, a really amazing night. I’ve only been able to attend the MDNA and Rebel Heart tours, but between those and Madame X, this was most definitely my favorite show and experience.

17. Thank you for the review! So no sign of pain on her knee, right? Great!

LP likes this.
  18. I’m glad to see a positive review because I came across a whole bunch of terrible ones on Twitter.

19. How did Mirwais on Madame X not bring enough new to the table? Every single track he produced on Madame X sounded completely different from what they did together on American Life and Music, especially Medellin and Batuka.

nikkysan, Meathook, Jwentz and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.