Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 245 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. Yes in Lisbon.

joeee and Coolrockgirl like this.
  2. I’m very excited to see what the DVD is going to be like. And I’m very excited to relive “Frozen”.

rav4boy likes this.
  3. My friend just told me the French government just put a halt on indoor gatherings of more than a thousand people. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Oh here it is:

Do we know if this ban is immediate or anything else?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  4. mpl

mpl

I think it probably means tonight is the last show of the tour.

5. Tonight's show is apparently still happening, however yeah, this definitely confirms that this will be Madame X's tour final date... What a shame really, I'm so glad after all the shit that went through I was lucky enough to be able to attend one date. I am really looking forward to the Bluray release now, hopefully the editing will do the show justice.

6. Yes, tonight’s show is the last one. At least is the full show.

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. I hope this tour gets a Blu Ray release at least for those who missed out.

8. From Tribe:

It seems it was the last show. She referred to it a few times without explicitly saying it...

When she was getting changed behind the screen before vogue : “I heard the news just before I came on stage, I can’t believe it. You know what I’m talking about, right? It just goes to show, we never know what’s in store for us or when it’s time”.

And then a bit later “I really do want to say thank you so much for tolerating me and for tolerating all the cancellations on this tour. But when you have an injury so bad that you can’t get out of bed, then you certainly can’t get up on stage and sadly that’s the way it goes”

And then a bit later “I’m going to miss you guys. I’m going to miss performing this show every night.”

9. I know it's already been said, but if ever there was a time for a new Madonna film/documentary then it's now. The story of this tour as it unfolded has been quite something and it would certainly make for an interesting companion piece to 'Truth Or Dare', from an artist who was so in control of a show to one who was at the mercy of it.

x

10. I honestly believe the show itself is one of the best things she's ever done, I hope the Blu-ray isn't too far off.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  11. What an underwhelming end to a troubled, yet widly ambitious and creative touring production. Madonna really reached for the sky with this show and I hope she doesn't stop trying to re-invent the stage show format.

12. Same here, or perhaps she might do what Streisand and Taylor Swift have done and put the show on Netflix and then the live album on streaming services.
    So true, and it really is phenomenal that she’s still being this bold and adventurous. I loved the past few albums so much, but this album in particular really felt like a creative renaissance for me.

johnoclock likes this.
  13. This tour has really been a magnet for all kinds of mishaps. I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD but also looking forward to Madge getting some much-needed rest. The rest couple of weeks with her breaking down on stage were very shocking.

Jacques and joeee like this.
  14. This ending early because of Corona is just the perfect fit for all the drama and mess that came with the tour. I am still gutted my date in Paris was cancelled but it fills ne with joy how positive all the reactions to this were. Can't wait for the taping to see what I missed. I am mostly proud she did all this while being in horrendous pain and happy she keeps pushing her own boundaries in terms of artistry still.

Take you time and come back even better as you just showed us you're still able too after all the years. Goodbye, Madame X.

LPT, Jacques, Wired Life and 2 others like this.
  15. I wouldn’t say there have been as many controversies on this tour compared to her last few. The knee injury has just been a constant. Her recent tours have all had the same issues with lateness (and worse) and the first shows being rescheduled. She hasn’t come under fire for the actual content of her show which can’t be said for MDNA or RHT.

It’s the organisation and management from both M and her team that has bordered on grossly incompetent, and it isn’t exactly clear why the system has broken down so much.

joeee likes this.
  16. Nah this was the messiest Madonna tour and the messiest tour in general in the past decade. I thought Nicki's Queen was the one but no Madame X wiped the floor with ha.

The canceled first city dates. The then canceled new first city dates. The then rescheduled new first city dates that ended up being canceled. The 4-5 hour delays. The russian roulette if your show was on and off. The russian roulette if your show was the full one or the radio edit. Canceling shows the day of the show. Canceling shows while people were inside. Canceling shows while people were inside again! Canceling whole city legs. The awkward beer chat and the messy polaroid segments. Concerts ending at 2:30 the next day. People still without refunds a month after their dates. People told to send their tickets back to France to get the paid-with-credit-card refund. Shows being sold out yet half the shows box office had 100+ tickets for sale. The sheer humber of canceled dates throughout that meant fans ended up with 4-5 canceled dates and travel / hotel expenses on top. The iron curtain. The fan presale that made US fans buy bad tickets they couldn't afford only to find better and cheaper later on. The soundcheck competition scam. The censor-ship. The night owl-ery.

RIP Madame X Tour, you were... a lot.

On the plus side, she radiated happiness (at least during my Lisbon shows!), the show was amazing, made the album come alive and she was in her best vocal form ever. I'm still in shock how well she did vocally.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  17. I pray that the next tour has better management because yeah, this tour really was something. But honestly it was worth it for “Frozen”.

The Holy Spearit likes this.
  18. I don't see a next tour happening.

19. I’m staying hopeful.

20. Amazing. What was the icon curtain? Some fan club mess?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.