Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. I went over to the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam for the MDNA Tour bc it was an arena and seemed to be one of the smallest venues for the European leg. It was my first time seeing her live, and it lived up to every one of my expectations and then some.

Amsterdam was a very nice city, too.

Laurence, Alenko, FridayNight and 6 others like this.
  2. Sis only the front row will cost $2000, everything after that is lower, ending up with $53 seats. Nobody is being priced out!

[​IMG]

Chicago front row isn't even $2000, it's $1,750 and in Europe it'll probably be even lower.

HeartSwells and nametag like this.
  3. Not you acting like $1750 is somehow justifiable

4. Please point me to when that happened?

5. Well at least we can agree on the Horden.

I dunno. Maybe because I live right near the Enmore and have seen some of my favourites play there, but I associate it with excellent fun.

I wanna check out the ICC theatre but a lot of the new places just seem so... sterile? I saw Garbage at the Star and I didn’t like it either.

6. Going going going. It’ll be my first Madonna concert!

Hard to believe tickets to see Gaga in Vegas are 5 times as much...not that it has anything to do with anything but Madonna always set the bar for most expensive tickets to a pop show.

vendredi likes this.
  7. Re Sydney (if she ever comes back here!)
    Madonna will never play a venue like the Enmore.
    If it's theatre shows it's got to be the Sydney Opera House, or the State Theatre or if it needs to be bigger then the ICC Theatre.

Loudndangerous likes this.
  8. ICC is decent if you're close. Up the back is terrible and even worse on the mezzanine.

It's actually too big a venue to what she's looking at for these shows. It's closer to 8k capacity. It'll be at the Opera House if she comes to Australia.

Edit: scratch that. The Opera house has no back of stage and wouldn't be able to accommodate the show that she would still put on. It would have to be the State Theatre.

Loudndangerous likes this.
  9. That’d be pretty amazing to see her at the Opera House.

Humanracin likes this.
  10. The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if she does tour Australia especially if it's a theatre set. She's looking for the touring coin and it's not like she's be shipping a massive stage. If she skips us she's just mean.

11. They're resale tickets

Aidan likes this.
  12. Yeah I know. But still. Shit. I’m sure Madonna’s resell will be just as much, though.

13. Madonna has made no secret that she continues to tour to "pay off her mortgage" as she says. Touring is very much a job for her and not a labour of love. With that said, she'll give you everything on stage (more than the new young girls) and still persevere despite doing it for 35 years. She can charge whatever she wants. That's just my opinion.

Monkey Meat and bazayer like this.
  14. Would the view be ... decent in the nosebleeds for a theater?

JMRGBY likes this.
  15. aux

aux

It really depends on the venue. For example, the Hammersmith Apollo used to be a cinema, so the sightlines are perfect no matter where you're seated. But then you've got places like O2 Sheperd's Bush where it's impossible to see anything from the top balcony.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  16. Didn't someone here say she's doing the Palladium?

17. aux

aux

Yes. The sightlines in that venue aren't too bad for a concert, but they're pretty shite for a theatre show if you're seated at the Grand Circle (the top balcony). Here you can see what people think of the view / seats.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    bazayer and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  18. If she's in a theatre, it's gonna be better than the nosebleed seats in the o2 or the Manchester arena...

19. Maybe a few years ago. But not in this climate, no way.

Future Lover likes this.
  20. They do it for Barbra in arenas (priced much, much higher than Madonna ever has), they’ll do it for M in a theatre

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.