Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. Well, Guy isn’t the one booking the shows. That’s all handled by Live Nation, and Arthur Fogel made it a point to do the rounds to combat the slow sales stories and explain what the unsold seats actually are.

aux likes this.
  2. Who knows if they’re full songs or not? People know what’s been rehearsed but there’s always mash-ups and she may pull a Rebel Heart and change the set list from venue to venue.

Side note: The Girlie Show always reminded me of a theater tour on a much bigger scale.

HorseTears and Andrew.L like this.
  3. Aren't they going to utilise 'dynamic pricing' ? i.e.basically cut the price of unsold seats as the show nears ?

4. 20 shows at 80% sold equates to more moolah than 12 shows completely sold out.

linum likes this.
  5. Do we think she will close the shows with I Rise.
    I know Madonna wants I Rise to be a new anthem - I just don't think it is?

6. Yep!
    I am all for Madonna giving back to the fans (and herself) and doing small shows so people can see her up, close and personal - BUT it must be costing her? I mean the LA venue holds 1,800 - the Staples Centre holds 20,000.

7. Hopefully what she’ll realise is that if she wants to feel loved/adored and sell out stadiums again she’ll need to start getting the back catalogue out!

I’ve got my fingers crossed for a greatest huts tour!! Embracing her past won’t make her a sell-out!!!

8. I see this 4 country template for a Madonna tour becoming a thing for her. Rebel Heart went all over the world except South America/Africa - MDNA went everywhere except Asia/Oz - Madonna has given the world a lot.

Sure she could do a large arena/stadium tour and dub it 'greatest hits' or whatever - BUT I don't see her doing that?

9. She's been delving into the past for a decent while now though. I genuinely think her head space with this tour is with the die hard fans. She's opted for a space where we'll be closer to her. Intimately snug settings, and has curated a setlist that screams fan favourites and new stuff and has left the "kerb appeal for the masses" in storage.
    This ones for us. The next super stadium tour will have all the big hitters and then she'll disappear into the ether for a bit and we'll eat up the re-issues.
    I'd hold on to this one guys. It's a locket for each and every one of us to wear around our chests for years and years to come.

LP, Fluorocarbon, Jacques and 5 others like this.
  10. Exact.
    I will have to live through my two besties seeing the show in LA and NY, and then watching the DVD.
    Enjoy USA/Euro queens!

11. I really do think she’ll be done with touring after this. The whole affair seems very much like a check off her own list before doing so. I do feel like she’ll continue to have one off gigs in smaller venues, though. But she’s a free agent once this is done. No more albums or tours to fulfill in her contract, assuming she doesn’t renew with Live Nation or Interscope. It feels like we’ve been slowly inching towards this considering the lyrical content on (and withheld from) Rebel Heart and the entire Madame X era. It’s kind of bittersweet but I doubt she’ll ever stop creating no matter what she does after this, so I’m not like crying... yet.

Jacques, Roey_says and HorseTears like this.
  12. I have a feeling her autobiography will be coming sooner rather than later.

13. She delved into her back catalogue more than we ever thought was possible during Rebel Heart. I’m sick of the basic gays yearning for 80s Madonna in 2019, so I’m happy for that material to take a back seat during the show. That being said, if she’s only doing a handful of older stuff, you better believe that nearly every fan will wish she was performing x over y etc. It’s just the nature of things when you have that many hits.

I’m just sad I didn’t see the Confessions or MDNA tours, and that material feels like it may never be performed again.

Lioncourt and Jacques like this.
  14. I don’t understand why people think this would be her last tour. Many artists older than her tour all the time. She’s in great health. Why do people want to put her out to pasture so early? I read an interview with Arthur Fogel the Live Nation guy who said they were doing something different this time as far as the small venues, but he thought that would generate more interest in a later big venue tour in future years.
    She may not do Greatest Hits tours but she has performed her biggest hits that the general public tends to remember many times albeit not always in the same show.
    Off hand I can’t think of one really huge hit she hasn’t performed in one of her recent tours.

15. It has nothing to do with her age or health or “putting her out to pasture” – she’s been laying the groundwork herself for some sort of extended break period for quite a while, in a way she’s never done before. There are legitimate reasons why fans believe this could be it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  16. How has she been laying the groundwork? This tour although it is in smaller venues has the same number if not more dates than her previous tours.

17. Beyond the actual content explored on both Rebel Heart and Madame X taking things “full circle”, she’s also no longer under any contract and has made no plans to be attached to another as far as we know (her deal with Live Nation was announced before Hard Candy was released for comparison). This tour will be her final one, per her 2007 contract.

There’s also the fact she may not want to be working and away from her younger children like she was while Rocco and Lourdes were growing up, especially after what went down with Rocco on the last tour; that whole situation broke her. She’s still a single mother at the end of the day.

JMRGBY likes this.
  18. I don’t see her stopping what she has always done. I think you are reading way too much into the full circle lyric. Most of the time she tours in the summer and can take her kids with her. Most of her tours are only 3 to 4 months so she’s not really away for that long.

19. Eh, I don’t think so. I don’t think you’re reading deep enough, because it’s certainly about more than a single lyric. There’s been a sense of finality looming for years and I know I’m not the only one who feels it.

Also her last three or four tours have been during the fall. I think that summer pattern is officially broken. She’s been talking about doing a residency and generally slowing things down for a while now. This tour is obviously a middle ground, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if her next outing is a proper residency as a farewell. And I never said she was retiring, I just said I don’t see her touring anymore. That doesn’t mean she can’t release albums or do one off shows, both of which I mentioned in my initial post.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    JMRGBY likes this.
  20. She loves performing too much. She’s not going to stop performing live. I just don’t see it. She’s a showgirl. She complains about the work that goes into rehearsing the tours, but it’s in her blood,

Lioncourt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.