Madonna - Madame X Tour | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2019.

1. Thanks, I already have tickets to the last night of the London shows but would like to try get London opening night ones too.

Lioncourt likes this.
  2. Kylie now owns the rights to her PWL back catalogue and I think her Decon stuff fall under her control soon. $$$

Outside of a handful of songs I don't think non-Madonna fans would be able to name much from her back catalogue, which is the hen that lays the golden egg into the future when it comes to streaming and getting younger audiences.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Andrew.L likes this.
  3. You can’t be serious. Madonna has a huge number of hits the general public knows. Everyone has something negative to say about Madonna, but everyone has danced to and sang along to her songs.

Mr.Arroz, LP, relby and 4 others like this.
  4. And you think non-Kylie fans know anything beyond Lucky and Lalala?

5. Maybe this depends on where you live, but in the US Madonna's hits from 83-00 are unavoidable. You can't be a breathing person and say you've never heard at least one of these songs - Material Girl, Cherish, Don't Tell Me, True Blue, Open Your Heart, Into the Groove, Crazy For You, Like A Prayer, Lucky Star, Secret, Take A Bow, Music, Holiday, or Borderline - in a grocery store.

Rafa_el, LP, Andrew.L and 3 others like this.
  6. Looks like she took Rescue Me off the setlist...I have to laugh

beautifulmorning and playboy69 like this.
  7. I don't care about Rescue Me but how do you know though?

8. Well in the UK and Australia 'casual fans' or suburbanites would definitely know Spinning Around, Kids, Confide in Me, On a Night Like This (her Sydney Olympics anthem!) BUT yes, a lot of people would also know a lot of Madonna songs from the 80's and 90's and beyond.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. I doubt many non-fans would remember nor care about Bedtime Story, Human Nature, Rain, Deeper and Deeper, The Power of Goodbye, Bad Girl. Sadly. Their loss cause they're all great songs, just not mega hits.

10. RJF

RJF

Give me strength.

ddog, Mr.Arroz, Sanctuary and 16 others like this.
  12. Fan or non fan, most people know her music...
    Bitch she’s MADONNA!

Coolrockgirl, lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  13. Then what songs from the 80s or 90s would non-fans be able to name?

14. I hear 4 of these on the radio on a weekly basis and I don’t even listen to radio regularly. If anything, it’s her 90s songs that get the most recurrent airplay in the states. People would absolutely be able to name them.

15. Also her allegedly swapping out Rescue Me for La Isla... a choice. I blame fans whining about the lack of 80s hits.

Rafa_el and beautifulmorning like this.
  16. LTG

LTG

The stans on hearing La Isla Bonita on tour again

17. I get that Isla probably fits in best musically with the rest of the show but she has done it SO many times live while paying the rest of her 80s/90s catalogue dust. I'd prefer Who's That Girl at this point.

18. I don't care what she drops if it means that La Isla Bonita is in the set!

My favorite song ever and it would be a crime not to include it on this tour, where it would probably fit in better than ever before.

That said though, I was very, very excited about Rescue Me...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    playboy69, Daniel_O and Andrew.L like this.
  19. Rescue Me has become symbolic of my life at this point.

20. La Isla Bonita? In this show? UGH. Why not just add bloody Spanish Lesson and B’Day Song while she’s at it.

HorseTears and Rafa_el like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.