Madonna - Madame X | Page 1257 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. There's a lot going on in the imagery this era.

Madam X is Xtra.

LP, MrWonderfulPop and cabirian like this.
  2. Really? It's not, just listen to the end of the song with the choic climax.

3. P__

P__

The dancehall vibe is rather sublime on Future. There's a Don't Tell Me lyrical reference in the bridge, which is lovely.

"We can light up the dark
    Everyone has a spark
    Don't tell me to stop
    'Cause you said so
    Your future is bright
    Just don't turn off the light
    Tell the sun not to shine
    'Cuz you said so"

Stebello, FridayNight, Lila and 4 others like this.
  4. Is it out?

P__ likes this.
  5. P__

P__

It'll be out the NZ time.

electrosamurai likes this.
  6. I know, I just asked becase you have the lyrics.

P__ likes this.
  7. Well, even when there are “natural” or “warm” vocals, they’re incredibly smoothed over and compressed to the point that they clip or “glitch” (the effect autotune produces). Things like her breathing are cut and scattered across the track, etc. It’s an aesthetic choice, but there were complaints from fans about how this sounded on both Music and American Life albums. I think they probably sound warmer because there’s less going on in the back.

8. And we have our first repeat lyrics of the era haha. Was wondering when they'd come.

cabirian and P__ like this.
  9. Dark/spark/bright/light? Come back, waiting/hesitating, all is forgiven...

FridayNight, Mr Blonde, mcuk and 2 others like this.
  10. Blurry Swae Lee aside, I really like the single art this era. They're all consistent but each one has its own little twist. It's really nice to see when a lot of artists just reuse the same photos/logos for each artwork, or even just do away with it altogether and use the album art.

Future Lover likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

LP, OSHi, Ferk and 3 others like this.
  12. I assume she’s getting all the collaborations out of the way now to improve her chance of being played on the radio?

Let’s not pretend hits don’t matter to Madonna – only the other day she was saying she wanted another Billboard Top 10.

13. Yeah, these lyrics are...a choice, but it's okay because Medellin and Crave are both quite lovely from a lyrical standpoint.

14. Better than the Crave cover at least.

15. It was pretty obvious she was joking. She knows the only charts she’s going to be bothering these days is the dance chart, and AC at a push. The more commercial songs are more likely being pushed out to improve the album’s numbers on streaming. Because she’s smart, she knows singles don’t matter much in this climate.

16. Future out already in NZ now?

Edit: never mind, just 2 more minutes till midnight in NZ

17. Ah yes her famous “irony”. While everything you say about streaming is true, she would still love a hit. I would say that too is *pretty obvious*.

mcuk likes this.
  18. Future is out in NZ.

Producer
    • Diplo
    • Madonna
    Composer
    • Brittany Talia Hazzard
    • Madonna Ciccone
    • Quavious Keyate Marshall
    • Thomas Pentz

Stepsmatt likes this.
  19. She’s friend with Ariana and Ariana loves her. Ariana is not on the album. She’s clearly not desperate for a hit like some of you think.

20. If it happens, who wouldn’t be happy with a hit? But it’s not going to, and I don’t think she’s losing any sleep over it like some of y’all think. It’s been nearly 20 years since she had an actual string of hits in the US. She’s probably used to it by now.

Ferk likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.