Madonna - Madame X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... it's hardly aesthetically pleasing, to put it mildly. More like bad vocal takes digitized to infinity.

She was digitized to hell all over Music and American Life, but she was also providing stellar raw vocals both in studio (Gone) and live (Drowned World), so it's clear that it's an aesthetic choice. Just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean she's using it as a crutch.

Not to mention the Rebel Heart tour vocals were gorgeous in places.

he/him
She was digitized to hell all over Music and American Life, but she was also providing stellar raw vocals both in studio (Gone) and live (Drowned World), so it's clear that it's an aesthetic choice. Just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean she's using it as a crutch.

Not to mention the Rebel Heart tour vocals were gorgeous in places.

And as we’ve seen in her rehearsal videos, she sounds great and pretty much like the record.

D

Deleted member 25044

Why is it against the rules to ask for links to a track that has been officially released, albeit in a different time zone? I would have thought that because the song has been made officially available in real time that there would be no rules against listening to it as it is technically out there now in an official capacity...
I'm in Ireland so I've almost 10 hrs to wait til I get the chance to hear it, just curious as to why it's not allowed?...

he/him
Why is it against the rules to ask for links to a track that has been officially released, albeit in a different time zone? I would have thought that because the song has been made officially available in real time that there would be no rules against listening to it as it is technically out there now in an official capacity

Because piracy is illegal, for one...

The forum shouldn’t be liable or at risk just because you’re unable to find a link.

Yep, I might be projecting, but I would've preferred hearing at least a single non-processed note, no matter the state of her voice. Let's put it like that. I'm not a fool, I know how she used to sound on both albums mentioned above. I still believe it's a crutch... for something. Maybe she doesn't like hearing her own vocal anymore?

And as we’ve seen in her rehearsal videos, she sounds great and pretty much like the record.

This is kind of weak example, you can hardly hear her over the backing track. The acoustic "Crave" was a much better deal, admittedly.

D

Deleted member 25044

Because piracy is illegal, for one...

The forum shouldn’t be liable or at risk just because you’re unable to find a link.

I'm not looking for a link nor did I ask for one. I'm quite happy to wait until midnight here in Ireland. I'm just curious is all as I imagine the same rules would apply to region specific tracks from certain editions of albums but I always see links and videos put up of those when, technically, they're not available in certain regions or countries.

he/him
I like Dark Ballet, the second half after the piano section, is absolutely bizarre. I think the transitions could've been better... it feels a bit disjointed. I like the inclusion of the spoken part from the Eurovision performance (I wasn't aware this was part of the song so it was a nice surprise).

he/him
This is kind of weak example, you can hardly hear her over the backing track. The acoustic "Crave" was a much better deal, admittedly.

There isn’t a backing track, you can literally hear her mic pop. But then again you thought the edited Eurovision performance used her vocals from the Super Bowl. As I said, you’re simply projecting for whatever reason.

he/him
I'm not looking for a link bit did I ask for one. I'm quite happy to wait until midnight here in Ireland. I'm just curious is all as I imagine the same rules would apply to region specific tracks from certain editions of albums but I always see links and videos put up of those when, technically, they're not available in certain regions or countries.

Yes, because there’s no download links.

Why is the NY Times interview all written in past tense, and by that I mean as if the interview happened, like, 2 years ago? It reads so confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.