Madonna - Madame X | Page 1411 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. NZ accounts on Spotify (made with VPNs). At least that's how I do it.

2. The video looks incredible but I just hope she's actually in it a fair bit. She's barely in any of the clips we've seen thus far.

djessie likes this.
  3. Supposedly Mykki is the main focus and she’s in it only as an “angel of inspiration” character, which I think is a neat idea if true

bazayer and Future Lover like this.
  4. She directed the video right? Wasn't Mykki mentioning that?

5. I love she’s not in the video as the protagonist. It’s perfect for this kind of song, and the video looks stunning.

6. I don't know about "Dark Ballet". I heard it and I only enjoyed the first half. The second half was weird to me, but everything is better than "Medellín". Specially "I Rise", that song is awesome.

7. Emmanuel Adjei directed it

8. Is this a first for her (not being the focus of a video)?

9. No, there was Dear Jessie before lol

10. Oh right!!

11. I thought the same.
    It just misses something.
    I wished it had dramatic ending like I Don't Give A.

MrBartolozzi likes this.
  12. I was expecting the production to be more dense (not sure why since most of her productions with Mirwais are not dense). It's actually quite spare, which I think is the right decision.

cabirian likes this.
  13. The most experimental track? That is up for debate.

14. What is more experimental?

15. this is sweet.
    madonna

You are always invited! ❌

Andy French likes this.
  16. Cyberraga? Shanti Ashtangi? Act Of Contrition? What It Feels Like For A Girl (video edit)? Hey You?

17. I assume you're joking with Hey You, but the only one of these that are possibly more experimental is Act of Contrition, but I'm not sure I count that as a full song. Shanti/Ashtangi is experimental in terms of genre and her singing in a different language, but the track itself has a fairly standard structure that stays consistent and is certainly imbued with more pop melody than Dark Ballet. Cyberraga is certainly weirder than Shanti/Ashantgi, but again, the structure is more standard and static than Dark Ballet's.

Actually, Dark Ballet has quite a bit in common with Act of Contrition. The shifts, the jarring moments of craziness, etc.

Paradise is a contender, since it shifts structure at certain points, but I feel has less WTF moments and it actually has a chorus.

Music Is Death, Ferk and cabirian like this.
  18. Bedtime Story, Paradise, Nobody's Perfect...
    There are a lot of experimental songs. Everybody won't agree about DB being the most experimental.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  19. ...it’s excellent but it’s literally a standard trance song

aux, Music Is Death, JMRGBY and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.