Madonna - Madame X | Page 1500 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Quite a few people on MadonnaNation got tickets!

Vasilios likes this.
  2. RJF

RJF

If the Kiwi-flavoured gays haven’t furnished me with a leak by the time I’m drawing my bath this evening...

[​IMG]

3. Okay even now I’m getting excited. I can barely sit through three songs of one album in a row anymore with my problematic attention issues, but I’m going to park my ass somewhere quiet and listen to this tomorrow. I’ve been getting hyped by listening to her songs all week, and it worked.

4. Who

LP likes this.
  5. I'm on the same boat as you, honest when the 14th June release date was announced the first thing I thought of was 'ffs I have the Spice Girls that weekend how can I give both the same attention'

I think I might do a midnight listen tonight, then mentally move to Spiceworld, and come back to Madame X on Sunday or something

You're welcome!

Ray, LP and bonnieetclyde like this.
  6. So do we know if it's a full show with Madonna or she is just on the main show with the other guests? Graham seemed to suggest the latter last week.

7. That beat switch in God Control made me finish my master's thesis.

myblood, Ray, relby and 5 others like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

@Vasilios if I didn’t get to hear the album early then your inevitable Madonna selfie can wait until the tour. ha!suffer.gif

9. Two cultural behemoths meet! :o

mcuk, Booers and SlowBurn like this.
  10. The bonus tracks are...okay. Ciao Bella is the only one I’ll be using. It’s nice to have a polished version of Back That Up, but it was never a very interesting song anyway so I’m glad she didn’t waste album space with it.

11. Ray, Humanracin, johnoclock and 2 others like this.
  12. Ferk and Dennis like this.
  13. Can’t remember but there’s a thread in the Madame X section for the Graham Norton show and people have declared they’re going.

14. So it’s not worth getting the Deluxe 18 track CD?

15. I caved and listened to Back That Up, since we already know it pretty well. I must admit I do prefer the demo just for the fun factor, but this is the finished product as she intended and it makes way more sense in the context and sound of (what I’ve heard and read about) the record to be like this. It’ll take some getting used to but I like it.

Can’t wait to hear this entire thing tomorrow.

16. Back That Up To The Beat fuckin slaps? I was not expecting that radical of a makeover.

Ciao Bella is a weird one. It wouldn’t sound out of place on a Buddha Bar compilation

rav4boy and Ferk like this.
  17. I think it is, it's the one I ordered anyway, Ciao Bella and Funana are cute bops, not too keen on Back That Up To The Beat.

18. Okay Funana is...weirdly moving. Her choosing to not only save Prince for last on the list part, but use his full name, got me

myblood, cabirian, LiK and 3 others like this.
  19. Ciao Bella is really something else, I'll need to find a way to add it to the album.

Back That Up To The Beat... I can't believe "I'll be drinking Krug Rose and sometimes lemon drop" followed us all the way to 2019.

myblood, sfmartin, jvckkk and 4 others like this.
  20. Did you buy the 18 track version?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.