Madonna - Madame X | Page 1505 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. I was gonna download but I'm resisting so far!
    Also I can't wait to pop into HMV tomorrow and buy my copy/copies, which is something I haven't felt the excitement/need to do in years (still no sign of my clear vinyl being despatched)

2. Excuse my limited frame of reference but the disco moments remind me a lot of Me...I am Mariah; Meterorite, You Don’t Know, Supernatural and the like.

Disco Blister likes this.
  3. She's listening for the first time.
    [​IMG]

myblood, LPT, Mr.Arroz and 11 others like this.
  4. Um... at the risk of overreacting after one listen... this is her best album ever. Legit tho. How many ideas?!!???!

5. We got the credits this time though.
    Madame X is a giver of props.

Tiziano's Boy and mdl like this.
  6. God Control. FUCK.

myblood, LPT, Ray and 4 others like this.
  7. Ciao Bella is that bop! I will be dropping my ass to this at some point, you can bet. Whew, we stan for an anthem, it's about her grandparent's home country of Italy isn't it?

[​IMG]

LPT likes this.
  8. Just finished. It’s deep and complex.

God Control was absolutely fucking wig.
    Future is still basic
    Batuka didn’t give me much
    Killers has a great instrumental, but clunky lyrics
    Crave is incredible, I loved it in this context.
    Crazy and Come Alive were super enjoyable
    Extreme Occident is a bit shit, but I’d like an instrumental version.
    Fax Gostoso and Location are both solid bops and fun as hell
    I Don’t Search and Mercy are great
    I Rise is basic but fine.

It’s pretty good. Strange and brave and beautiful. A lot to chew. Definitely sits up there with the top half of her discography and has that spark back that’s been missing for a long time. Feels like an album rather than a collection of songs. I’m proud of her.

RebelFingers likes this.
  9. https://jenesaispop.com/2019/06/13/...-hacer-un-disco-de-canciones-pop-formulaicas/

The artist sighs relieved - or does "as if", causing some complicity - when I indicate that the album sounds cohesive. Was it because of the sequence, the type of beats, instruments? "They are also the themes of the songs. I tried to have a connection in everything. That's why you have to see the piece that Nuno has made and that shows that each song is connected to the next in one way or another. Sometimes it's an instrument, a letter, a beat, a story, the language ... but every song has a thread that connects it in some way with the next, "he says, while teaching me to properly pronounce the word" cohesive ". Madame X is a teacher.

LPT, cabirian, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  10. I was not prepared for God Control.

upload_2019-6-13_16-10-46.gif

myblood, LPT, rav4boy and 1 other person like this.
  11. The production on Batuka....my god. Blow my head off, Mom.

myblood, Crisp X, Cutlery and 8 others like this.
  12. Bitch I’m Loca has me wanting a Madonna X Maluma duet album

myblood, nebojsa, Mr.Arroz and 3 others like this.
  13. I’m guessing this will be the making of footage that we’ve been seeing clips of on her Instagram. Can’t wait.

SageCommeUneImage and Secret like this.
  14. The outro of Come Alive... we've truly decided to ascend.

RebelFingers and AllGagaLike like this.
  15. The lyrics of Killers are..... a choice. The instrumental is ducking EVERYTHING. I’m having such a gorgeous moment with it.

16. Last few days have been busy and I'm out of the loop. I want to listen

17. Me at midnight eastern time.

8477AD22-C161-4E2B-9AD8-8D5AB30CA23F.jpeg

myblood, Cutlery, LPT and 29 others like this.
  18. I've noticed this in many songs on the album along the tracklist, but which instrument, lyrics, beat or style do you guys think connects Medellín with Dark Ballet?

19. Me since April 1, 2019

[​IMG]

myblood, LPT, dodoriazarbon and 15 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.