Madonna - Madame X | Page 1506 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. I kind of want Future to open this, might swap it with Medellin. Anyone else tinkering with the tracklist?

2. I love the religious songs on this one: Ciao Bella, I Don't Search, I Find, Looking For Mercy and Come Alive.

3. I think Medellín is just the dreamy starting point to Madame X’ journey. She’s about to go dark, and so she has a moment of lightness.

Zaacc and uncer like this.
  4. I love how the autotune and processing makes the album's warm moments feel almost dream like, its beautiful

myblood, Crisp X, LPT and 8 others like this.
  5. True! It's the word "dream", I hadn't noticed...

"It's a beautiful dream, but a dream is earned" (and someone on Genius wrote: "In the context of the song as a whole, the dream of a beautiful life is only a fantasy")

OMG this album is going to have so hidden meanings...

playboy69 likes this.
  6. Not sure where I’d rank this yet but it’s certainly her most thought provoking album in at least 15 years.

7. Also I think this absolutely is an album full of dance tracks, those big drum heavy latin styled tracks just...summon you to move

LPT likes this.
  8. Funana is so... adorable?

LPT, Tiziano's Boy and Secret like this.
  9. Finally on my first playthrough and I can’t even imagine how many weird facial expressions I’ve already made 4 songs in. That randomly cheery “This is your wakeup call!” in God Control made me scream. So entertained so far.

rav4boy, Ray and MoonlightDesires like this.
  10. Resisted the leaks. Question is... Do I listen before I go to bed?

Also... Whose going HMV Tomorrow? Which version has all the songs? Is it the "book" with the dark hair?

Future Lover likes this.
  11. I like it too for the same reason. I get why it's not on the standard or normal deluxe and I also get why many don't like it, but in the context of her talking about her survivors guilt around MJ and Prince and the sweetness in her delivery, I think it's very innocent.

myblood, cabirian, bazayer and 4 others like this.
  12. There's a lot to unpack with this album, and it'll definitely require a few more listens to really absorb all of it but my god. The production across the board is absolutely stellar. Bizarre, spellbinding, ominous, rapturous, and utterly absorbing. Imagine displaying this amount of creativity and innovation FOURTEEN albums in.

myblood, Crisp X, RainOnFire and 23 others like this.
  13. Yes, the version with all 18 tracks is the book with the dark hair.

ElusiveChanteuse likes this.
  14. I've had my first uninterrupted listen...

It's not my favourite Madonna album, but it's certainly one of the best. I think. The first half is incredibly cinematic and heavy, and the second half allows you to breath (a bit). Highlights are definitely Medellin, God Control, Crave, Crazy, Come Alive, Faz Gostoso, I Don't Search and Looking For Mercy. Basically I love this album except Killers, wtf mom and I'm SO RELIEVED. She did that. Go buy a copy or three.

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  15. Okay, I've gone this far without listening to leaks but, the excitement is just too much, I might cave in when I get home from work this evening, I just don't think I can wait until midnight.

Andy French and Sabrettes like this.
  16. It’s definitely has many songs that require repeat listenings. I’m only on Killers Who Are Partying but some songs have been so stimulating and overwhelming (mainly in incredibly positive ways) that I finished the song legitimately thinking “what did I just listen to?” I expect to do a few more playthroughs today and tomorrow.

Reinventor likes this.
  17. Same here, trying my luck at local record stores now. Otherwise, will listen at midnight.

18. Mercy’s face when she asked her if she thought the reporter was intelligent is an entire cackle.

myblood, Crisp X, acl and 20 others like this.
  19. Thankyou.

(Damn I wanted the blonde cover)

Tiziano's Boy likes this.
  20. God she’s hilarious, and I love the call back to her not eating the day before nn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.