Madonna - Madame X | Page 1647 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Replacing Medellín with Funana of all things is definitely...a take

2. The last time they did a controversial video American Life was born. I’m sure God will be in the same league.

cabirian likes this.
  3. Holy smokes this was amazing, and that smile at the end. I just can’t.

4. [​IMG]

5. The Medellín doubtery is not appreciated. It's a revelation. I stan for her showing me a carefree and joyful moment rather than forcefully trying to convince me.

6. Deeper And Deeper + Music teas. I'm very excited.

7. Yes and it’s a requirement to mention it every time an article is written about her now.

8. How is this the first time I've seen this???

9. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I can't deny Medellín is a bit of an outlier, but I love how it lures you into a false sense of security before Dark Ballet pushes you right into the deep end.

10. I don't think Medellin is an outlier at all. It perfect fits into the global album ethos. To me, the sonic outliers are Dark Ballet, God Control, and I Don't Search I Find. Of course they're all essential (especially as they're the most extreme examples of the album's weirdness) and among the best songs on the album, but in terms of genre they stick out.

Medellin, Future, Batuka, Killers, Extreme Occident (to be fair, the fact that this sounds a bit Dark Ballet in spots helps make Dark Ballet feel like it belongs more), Come Alive, Faz Gostoso, and Bitch, I'm Loca all feel like they're leaning into the global album vibe the most. Crave, I Rise, and Crazy have slight flavors of that, such as the guitar in Crave, the drums in I Rise, and the accordion in Crazy. Looking For Mercy is a bit of an outlier, but is neutral enough in terms of vibe to fit into the palette.

Actually, that last paragraph kind of indicates how cohesive the album actually is. The world vibes are all very different, but they fit together surprisingly well.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Mikal likes this.
  11. She's always looked gorgeous of course but I think she looked her "oldest" in the Drowned World Tour DVD. I don't know if it was her hair or the styling or what.

12. Is this video going to... ah... have a gun massacre at a club? Holy fuck.

cabirian and MrWonderfulPop like this.
  13. Yeah, that look aged her a lot, though I do love it.

14. Well with a title like God Control and the subject being gun control, you kind of expect it.

15. Sheesh. I hope it’s incredible. The original American Life (without Bush/Saddam) is honestly one of her very best. We need an official release.

neinzedd likes this.
  16. She looked like a glorious, gorgeous earth Goddess in the Drowned World tour / DVD, wtf.

17. So much positive press today

OnlyYourLove and Floppie like this.
  18. Just checking his list of music vids as I was not familiar with his work.
    http://www.jonasakerlund.com/music-videos/
    It lists Lady Gaga and Beyoncé but no music videos against their name. I wonder if that means they are also currently filming videos with him?
    Can't wait for God control. Its gonna be epic!

19. He directed Paparazzi, Telephone, and John Wayne. He did Haunted and Hold Up for Beyonce.

LPT, evilsin and Ddarko77 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.