Madonna - Madame X | Page 1684 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. I don't know if this has been mentioned here already but the misprint on the clear vinyl has been fixed. There is now a version with the correct tracklisting on the back (Future as the first track on side B).

mindtrappa likes this.
  2. American Life is just as powerful and significant today as it was 16 years ago. Arguably more so. I’m absolutely over the moon that she’s performing it at Pride.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Ferk, FridayNight, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  3. Does all this #waitingforanitta stuff in fact mean Anitta’s making a guest appearance at Pride if the set list is accurate?

Also, of no interest to anyone I’m sure but hearing Madge talk about Extreme Occident & generally about where she’s at in her life and artistry, I think the lyric “Forgave myself for being me” totally captures where she is (or is trying to get to, maybe) and totally explains why she began the journey with Medellín.

LOTF likes this.
  4. My Madame X order has arrived!

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 20.07.36.png

They've totally fucked up the order

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 20.07.41.png

LPT, Jacques, Mr.Arroz and 6 others like this.
  5. I had to really take the album in. I can appreciate it more now than before. I wasn't feeling the more out there tracks but I do like them and its interesting how it weaves in and out of more commercial radio friendly songs and the more experimental ones. Faz Gostoso is my jam though.

6. Imagine being able to see Madonna do American Life live and not be able to get your whole damn life. Couldn't relate.

Blue6010, evilsin, Mr Blonde and 19 others like this.
  7. It was one of the biggest moments for me at the Reinvention tour.
    And yeah, Madame X is definitely top 4 for me, alongside Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories.

8. LTG

LTG

Ferk likes this.
  9. Same, I'm sure she is gonna have the visuals to go with it also...Gay rights, womens rights, Children in cages, Roe vs Wade under attack, Trump, Gun Control...she has plenty to choose from....now is the right time for this song.

10. I think what I love about this album is she didn’t just sit down and think “Right, album time.” The whole thing was born out of her feeling inspired by different kinds of music and it all just feels so organic. It really shines through.

LPT, Ferk, FridayNight and 5 others like this.
  11. Oh...grabbing my coffee and watching this...thanks...

electrosamurai likes this.
  12. I love this. It’s basically the track by track we were talking about wanting a few days ago, and the visuals!!!

What a fucking woman.

13. Wow I just finished this and it's a perfect insight into every track on the album and the musical inspirations behind each song.

It's amazing to see her so inspired and to understand the amount of work that she put into this album, especially with the learning of each language that was used. Her creativity and dedication for this project is astounding.

Ferk, LOTF, FridayNight and 3 others like this.
  14. electrosamurai likes this.
  15. Just finished watching it. Not bad, it's almost the same as when she describes the songs in interviews but loads of footage from the cover shoots, BTS of videos and her time in Lisbon.

16. This shot of her is my favorite from the piece.

Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 9.58.39 AM.png

evilsin, LPT, acl and 13 others like this.
  17. I still can't get into Future. It's too repetitive. A shame, because the melody is cute.

Stopremix likes this.
  18. LTG

LTG

Someone isn’t coming to the future

evilsin, JMRGBY, LPT and 29 others like this.
  19. Dddd I knew it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.