Madonna - Madame X | Page 1718 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

I guess it was maybe too ahead of its time for certain people!

mcuk likes this.
  2. Yeah, it took a bit of time to make peace with Extreme Occident between Come Alive and Faz Gostoso.

And I'm still not totally fine with it.

Remyky22 and Sabrettes like this.
  3. Not everyone is coming to the future

4. I know everyone is fixated on charts but I'd like to see the actual revenue from sales + streams for Madame X vs. a younger artist, like say Lil Nas, who relies more on streams.

5. Lil Nas probably reading SEX book on tumblr while rinsing Erotica, he can stay.

6. I was just thinking about this yesterday. One of my big frustrations with American Life (I know y'all love it, I know why you do, I'm not trying to start that argument, I accept being in the minority here. BEAR WITH ME.) is that to me, it felt like, lyrically, there was a sense of grand posturing with little to say, with Hollywood being the most fully-fledged "critique," or Nobody Knows Me being the most revelatory. There's a certain ambiguity to it that, personally, I feel holds the album back from fully reaching what it aspires to. So something like God Control feels like such a progression, it demonstrates so much growth as a songwriter, and that's really an incredible thing to see so evidently from an artist on their 14th album. It's poignant, it's articulate, it's relevant, more universal, and it's just really, really awesome to see Madonna still honing in on her craft and growing as a songwriter after all this time (Not everybody has that, etc.). I mean really, is this not her most politically resonant and elaborate work since the AIDS epidemic and her work addressing it with Erotica/SEX? You just can't argue that she doesn't still have "it" or that she's run out of things to say after that. To work with the same collaborator you did almost 20 years ago, to touch on similar themes, and to still exceed that past work in nearly every way?

[​IMG]

Lioncourt, acl, matthew. and 17 others like this.
  7. I don’t care about the second week in the charts. It went to No.1, it’s her best album in years, and we got a video for God Control. I’m more than satisfied.

Bobbyrae, acl, Firewalker and 11 others like this.
  8. It’s actually “Turn Up the Radio” that comes to mind when I talk about the bad mixing. The remix revealed that she doesn’t sound bad at all on it. Her voice is full, effortless and warm, to the point of sounding like an entirely different take – and I don’t even like the song.

9. This is...a weird complaint

10. aux

aux

Ah, I see the “where’s da bops” brigade has returned.

11. Me in the mall today :
    upload_2019-7-5_17-11-1.jpeg

The good sis gays doing God Controls work.

LPT, Lioncourt, Remyky22 and 16 others like this.
  12. In answer to those folks: here are the “bops”:
    [​IMG]

13. “Where’s da bops?” Medellín, God Control, Future, Crave, Crazy, Come Alive, Faz Gostoso, Bitch I’m Loca, I Don’t Search I Find, Funana, Back That Up to the Beat, Ciao Bella. There are da bops, bitches!!!

EDIT: @Mikey1701 beat me to it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    MmmDani, cheida, Mikey1701 and 2 others like this.
  14. Future a bop? Crave no bop? Ok

Pink Frost and No hay banda like this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The Lil Fag X in me bought a cassette player today to listen to the tape from the boxset tonight

Madame X is a resurrector of technologies long dead

16. Are Funana, Back That Up to the Beat and Ciao Bella on any of the streaming services?

Also, unrelated, anyone listen to The Immaculate Podcast? It came up when searching for Madame X on Spotify.

17. Killers just gets stuck in my head....what a song as does Extreme Occident....I really hope we get a video for Faz and I Don't Search but I'm guessing wishful thinking....could be great to get some house remixes of I Don't Search...with more of Vogue sampled.

achilles likes this.
  18. No, they’re exclusive to the two disc edition for now.

HorseTears likes this.
  19. Her vocal in Killers really is gorgeous.

Mikal, Future Lover, Bobbyrae and 5 others like this.
  20. Thanks! Guess you're all better fans than me. I don't even own a CD player anymore and don't really see myself buying a two disc deluxe version just to hear them. Guess I'll live without them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.