Madonna - Madame X | Page 1736 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. This should be written on font size 7.

cheida, Ferk, OspreyQueen and 5 others like this.
  2. How did you manage that? With the fees included, my $77 ticket has me in the second to last row

3. $80 is pre-fees, but its still a good deal considering what comparable tickets are going for. We got them through the pre-sale (using a Citi card). I'd actually put in that I was willing to pay more, so we really lucked out.

JakobVision22 and achilles like this.
  4. My vinyl and deluxe edition CD have finally arrived! Only after I had to chase the official store up for a refund and order them off of Amazon instead... but still! It's a good day.

5. The Mirwais interview posted a few pages back is amazing, his thought process is incredible & explains the album better than any think piece could.

speedyboi, Sunny B, cheida and 20 others like this.
  6. Honestly all this does is prove that what Madonna is doing is absolutely necessary

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    LTG, Sunny B, Ferk and 16 others like this.
  7. This type of anger and hate is unhealthy. It kinda gives me the creeps.

LTG, Sunny B, nikkysan and 15 others like this.
  8. Mirwais sounds like a total crackpot but I live.

LTG, Sunny B, Ferk and 7 others like this.
  9. I wonder if Nicki and Kiley are out of the frame on this tour (after all these years)? They don't seem to be present in these rehearsal vids...

10. This actually helps me understand the record and M's thinking much more clearly. Essential read for anyone listening to the album from start to finish. Also link to the full interview if anyone is looking for it:

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/MADAME-X-MADONNA-AND-I-MIRWAIS-HIS-EXCLUSIVE-INTERVIEW_a1136.html

speedyboi and R0B0TB0Y like this.
  11. The alarm at the end of Faz Gastoso taunting my buss.

[​IMG]

LTG, Sunny B, Ferk and 18 others like this.
  12. I'm glad Mirwais mentioned Don't Tell Me as one of his Madonna favs. It's one of the most well-produced pop songs I've ever heard.

Just a piece of stuttering, swooning, enveloping genius.

13. Nicki was at Pride, and Kiley too I believe.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    distant_cousin likes this.
  14. Don't Tell Me sounds just as good today as it did the first time I heard it. Just a beautifully produced song that hasn't aged a day. Definitely in my Top 10 Madonna singles and my favourite off of the Music album.

15. “Don’t tell me” is her best song of XXI century. The universe still didn’t catch up with it.

speedyboi likes this.
  16. Even though I'm not getting to see her on this tour, I'd love for her to show some love to Don't Tell Me and perform it. It's a song the GP seem to overlook and forget but whenever it comes on on playlists my mates all comment on how much they like it and everybody remembers the video. It's one of those M songs that even non fans like. I remember thinking just how cool the song and video were when they came out.

playboy69, cheida and nametag like this.
  17. Apart from that Miley bullshit Don’t Tell Me hasn’t been performed in 15 years. A literal hate crime.

Mikal, FridayNight, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  18. She did it on Rebel Heart and Tears of a Clown

cabirian, Sunny B, Mr Blonde and 5 others like this.
  19. Don’t Tell Me is pop excellence. Joe Henry’s original ballad version (and Lizz Wright’s subsequent cover) is great in its own right, but in Madonna and Mirwais’ hands it becomes a twisted, artfully mangled banger and statement piece that I would argue is up there with Human Nature in terms of songs in her catalogue that only get more poignant and defiant with time. It’s one of her all-time best moments and single packages - everything from the song itself to the video to the artwork is fantastic - and one of ten reasons I go to bat so feverishly for the Music album (the other nine reasons being the rest of the songs, obviously).

I hope it becomes part of the set list for the Madame X Tour. It feels right, especially given some of the downright shitty treatment she’s gotten from critics and the media recently

Jonathan27, cabirian, Leis and 26 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.