Madonna - Madame X | Page 1738 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. I've got a feeling it's going to be half music, half a conversation. I'm intrigued.

2. I imagine the songs that feature autotune and vocoder effects will be treated the same way live as they are on the album, and the same for the ones without, since that’s what she’s always done.

push the button likes this.
  3. Madame X is thirsty

4. I had a dream I was attending the Madame X Tour (and considering the prices it will probably remain one) and Madge at some point decided to lock the people in to prevent any more going away for snacks. So not too outlandish for a dream. Anywhoo, the live choir means that we're also getting Come Alive and Like A Prayer right?

Txetxu likes this.
  5. True! Perhaps it's Madame X trying to tell us the setlist. Madame X is a intercom announcer.

I Rise/Swim/Rescue Me confirmed.

6. I’m a moron and so late but I was just rewatching the ‘God Control’ video and that first extended shot we get of her covered in blood on the floor, right before the first choir comes in? I never noticed she’s still breathing there. Covered in her and others blood, clearly dying...but still hanging on, looking around, so very aware. Like I said I’m late I’m sure it’s been discussed at length but fuck it hit me so hard just now. Like yes, it’s a music video but it really took me to the sheer terror of what that must have really been like for so many of these mass shooting victims: bloodied, fallen, but painfully, terrifyingly aware of what is happening. It’s devastating and such a poignant, powerful moment in a video already crammed full of them.

7. I took a sip and had a dream...

8. Side C of the album (vinyl) is so just so rich, I keep going back to it.

Humanracin likes this.
  9. I’m in love with the La95 Dancefloor Legend remix of Medellín.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  11. HOW does this album keep growing? The soundscapes, the vividness, the lyrical heft.

I love this so much.

dirtypony, joe_alouder, LTG and 16 others like this.
  12. It'll take 10-20 years for this album to get the respect and praise it deserves.

13. I'm deeply in love with the triple C tracks (Crave, Crazy, Come Alive). Plz perform all of them mom

Mr Blonde, Ferk, Humanracin and 4 others like this.

14. No lies detected. Except I don't find 9 more reasons in Music (the definition of a 4/5 midtier career/transitional album for me) . It's between my two favorite albums of her, and that does not help dddd

15. We count 1998-2004 as one long era in this house

16. This is the second or third time I’ve heard a reference to a George Washington during rehearsals. Is sis about to roll up in presidential drag?

bazayer, Ferk, Dreampopboy and 3 others like this.
  17. I'm sure the comment section is going to be overflowing idiotic "weird old lady" comments.

She's so fun tho. I love her when she's loose and silly.

18. 1) this tour looks amazing
    2) that iHeart radio interview was fantastic
    3) no matter how many times I listen, I can’t stop going into a full body cringe during Killers.... would anyone like a ticket to an LA date? Thanks to a milestone birthday, not only did I get tickets, but my parents gave me some too, and I don’t know if I want to go twice.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    HorseTears likes this.
  19. I think I missed this interview. Link, please?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.