Madonna - Madame X | Page 1798 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Girlfriend should release a Madame X remix album, I need all these mixes on cd/vinyl. The I Don’t Search remixes are AMAZING. Very 1992/1993, very Up Down Suite!

2. The Sabastian MANUEL mix of IDSIF on soundcloud is amazing. As is his mix of ciao Bella.

etienne likes this.
  3. the Sebastian remix sounds exactly like the Honey Dijon remix.

4. That is...literally the Honey Dijon Radio Edit, and it was uploaded back in June. How odd.

Based on what I could find on Google it looks like Sebastian Manuel is a longtime production partner of Honey’s, and Sebastian’s upload of the remix on SoundCloud from back in July appears to have been removed. Maybe it got posted (very) early?

wolfgangna and JMRGBY like this.
  5. My mom, who was unexpectedly thinks Madame X is a masterpiece (she usually doesn't like experimental Madonna), said, "Those people who want her to act her age must like this record. It seems like something only an older woman could make." While she's wrong about the ageists liking the record, I think she has a point. I also don't think a younger pop girl could make this record. Which is not to say that a few younger few pop girls are not making records as good or better than Madame X. But it does seem the type of sounds you turn to when you've done everything but are still hungry to move forward.

joe_alouder, cabirian, LiK and 12 others like this.
  6. this... or it was ghost produced for Honey

7. I

[​IMG]

DON'T

[​IMG]

SEARCH

I

[​IMG]

FIND

[​IMG]

FINALLY.......

[​IMG]

ENOUGH LOVE!!!​

8. Agreed. The song that works the least on the record is 'Bitch I'm Loca' because it sounds like a number of younger singers could sing it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Raichu likes this.
  9. I’d still call Bitch I’m Loca a little off-kilter even though it’s definitely way more subtle. I like how the beat sounds like it’s about to fall apart at any moment.

10. The Honey Dijon mix sorta slaps, but it takes ages to get there. Like boiling a really knackered kettle.

11. I could imagine JLO singing Bitch I'm Loca.

12. Hmm might need to recut this and include the Truth or Dare footage

13. ugh
    she's the best!

cheida likes this.
  14. I’ve just listened to this album from start to finish for the first time in a few months and I absolutely adore it. It’s a very solid unique listening experience.
    You can see in the Amazon Prime documentary that she’s very pleased with this album and how it took shape.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  15. I'm still bopping to Killers. The chorus sends me to a Mirwais and MX bliss!

P'NutButter likes this.
  16. "Bitch I'm Loca" is great, and y'all overthinking it.

17. It's a bit

for me.

18. I didn't bond with this album at all as a whole. But Crave is my most played track of the year. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Madonna wins.

man.tis.shrimp and Mvnl like this.
  19. I’m still mad about Looking For Mercy’s Chorus. I honestly think it could have been one of my fave Madonna songs ever. The song writing in the verse and pre chorus is absolutely incredible. Leans into those feels only M can supply. It’s so so so so good. Did it pop on Tour at all?

20. She doesn’t do it on tour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.