Madonna - Madame X | Page 1825 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. I prefer the leaked version on the 'Iconic' album leak, the piano breakdown in the chorus hits me with a 90s vibe...also this performance to me felt like it was supposed to be....'Im gonna carry on' and she did! I also love this version.

cheida likes this.
  2. That is a myth surely?! I don’t believe for a second that Madonna was reading fan comments which then had an impact on the final album versions. That‘s so un-Madonna-like.

blod likes this.
  3. She said it herself during her Instagram Q&A at the time. She also said she changed some songs just because they had leaked and she wanted them to be different.

4. Once again proving stans ruin everything.

5. Or perhaps you know the person who leaked them disrupting her process?

6. I mean, it was her stans that started leaking the songs in the first place

LTG, Mr.Arroz, Music Is Life and 3 others like this.
  7. I think the final version of the title track she wanted is the version we got though, and not the Avicii version. When she did the Mojo interview the song just leaked and she told Mojo “do you want to hear the real version”?

8. Yeah, it is. She said something about not intending to use Avicii’s production for the album and only really being interested in working with him for his song writing.

electrosamurai likes this.
  9. I believe Diplo said he didn’t have time to finish the song, since Bitch was released in December. This is also the version they did on Fallon.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  10. Mhmmm. Because of the rush release, so M produced the version on the album herself with the stems she had at the time. Such a mess. Love both versions but I can’t imagine the stress on her end, it’s no wonder she thought she’d never be able to do more music after that.

11. The Rebel Heart promo tour was amazing wasn’t it? Amazing performances and she looked amazing. Too bad all we got for Madame X was the cute Billboard performance and..Eurovision.

This is my favorite performance of Living For Love. The hat was cool as fuck also

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  12. Ugh, this sounds a lot chunkier. Demoitis incoming.

13. It's what they do with any new material but the person who stole them from her is ultimately the one that resulted in the process being disrupted along with other issues she faced during the time, having to track down Diplo and others, the constant back and forth sending of things, the lack of materials she had to work with as she said in that interview she did that somehow was strangely removed. It's one where she is wearing huge shoes during the RH promotion but the full thing along with Stern interview are gone now oddly.

14. At the point of the demos, I believe she had already stripped most of the demo's characteristics and it definitely became more of the album version we got if I remember correctly.

15. My favourite performance of Living for Love has to be the Grammys- the sheer joy and exuberance on her face, especially when she yells at Pharrell to get up!

Wishlight, Mr.Arroz, cheida and 4 others like this.
  16. It’s one of her best contemporary performances - she looks like she’s having the time of her life the whole way through. What a woman.

cheida, matthew. and Mr Blonde like this.
  17. Why they felt the need to cut to Kanye and Kim hugging during Madonna's joyful dancing will always be a "This is all wrong Misty Day" moment for me.

electrosamurai likes this.
  18. This discussion has me revisiting the entire folder of Rebel Heart demos for the first time since the few days they all leaked

MrWonderfulPop likes this.
  19. RJF

RJF

Madonna sitting in some studio in the dead of night in December finishing production on those six songs we got because like hell was she going to be upstaged by nobodies getting their grubby mits on her hard drive. That's my mum.

20. Saying the album is bad and then highlighting Faz Gostoso as one of the best songs... make it make sense.

Humanracin and Lioncourt like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.