Madonna - Madame X | Page 1837 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

2. "San Fransisco"

3. I’m not surprised but still disappointed. Why is she like this? insufferable to say the least. Yikes.

4. I'm so glad I'm not infatuated by her personal life and what she does in her spare time.

Just listened through Madame X from start to finish for the first time in a while, (find myself skipping only Bitch I'm Loca). Can't believe she created such a good record.

cheida, Juango, jakeyfw and 1 other person like this.
  5. It's crazy to think that it's been almost a year since she announced Madame X. For all its ups and downs this has been one of my favorite eras to experience as a fan - we got a shitload of content, her best album and some of her best videos in at least a decade, that fantastic GLAAD Awards speech...

I love her so much.

6. It has now officially been a year.

I love my mom.

OspreyQueen, rav4boy, 2014 and 21 others like this.
  7. Remember when we all thought the X’s in her Instagram stories were just more promo for MDNA Skin?

Lioncourt, Leopold, LP and 2 others like this.
  8. What's about to happen next Monday ?

9. The Madonna rate

10. 1 year later, still love this track!...

11. Madame X is really one of those albums where I listen to one track from it, then find myself falling into the rabbit hole.

12. Okay now I just want to listen to Madame X all the time, it still sounds so fresh and new to me.

scottdisick94, LiK, cheida and 4 others like this.
  13. Wonder why she's just now posting about this, the Honey mixes have been out since January. I guess the rest of them are finally getting released.

14. Yes seems so next week!

15. Why has it taken so long? They leaked months ago.

16. Meh, I’m not sure I’d call it a leak considering they got sent to DJs and fans circulated them from DJ pool/promo websites. I imagine that Orlando Puerta (unfortunately) passing away threw a wrench or two in the works too.

17. I really do think the vocals are very good on this album despite what some people say. I mean, it's still abundantly clear she's working with a diminished instrument, but it feels like everybody involved actually realized that. On Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart, they produce her voice in ways that shows not much awareness of its current limitations. On Madame X, they're using all these clever and thematically appropriate tricks to make her sound fuller and richer (and that includes the processing). And there are plenty of tracks where she's giving a little something extra, most notably Crazy (that rasp), I Don't Search I Find (that high note on the refrain), and Crave ("this is how we're ma-ade" and the Lament-esque vulnerability during the middle eight). I fucks with almost of all it in that regard, though I do think Dark Ballet could have used another take. I'd have liked to hear more emotion when she sings, "Cause you're world is in so much pain." She should be singing it more like: "Cause you're world is in so much pain." It's a bit flat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.