Madonna - Madame X

Status
Not open for further replies.
He/Him
Can any Portuguese speakers let me know if “Faz Gostoso” contains her most natural-sounding attempts at the language or is it just spoken quickly? It’s definitely her most fluid to these ears. I’ve always thought it sounded like a single. But it might just sound stupid to an actual Portuguese-speaker.

I am so envious of bilingual folks!

For these brazilian ears, when I listened to it for the first time, she delivered a way better pronunciation than I was expecting. She obviously has a stronger portuguese accent, but Anitta mentioned before that Madonna kept asking her for help to get every word right.

In terms of speed, I think she sings the chorus at a regular pace, or maybe even a tiny bit slow.

Medellin absolutely went down on the Madame X tour (well, at least my show, I'd imagine it was the same everywhere) as if it were the smash lead single, the audience loved it and it got a rapturous reaction.

he/him
Who do we think it's directing the Madame X Tour film? Madonna herself? Nuno Xico? Jonas Akerlund?

Nuno directed it with a production company from Lisbon.

I'm so intrigued by this because I never knew re-shoots were a thing that was done for tour DVDs. She looks really good right now also.

They aren’t usually because most tours shoot a few dates so they have footage to choose from, but this is a different case since they didn’t film all the planned dates because they were cancelled. Outside of that though Madonna is the only one I know of who also films her dress rehearsals for closer shots. Blond Ambition and Confessions did this. Confessions in particular has a more music video approach for that reason. Similar to

I'm glad even though the pandemic scuppered her recording the final two dates she is still working around it and putting in extra work to give the fans a tour DVD. It's just another example that shows how much of a hard worker and perfectionist Madonna is. It's a shame not all pop stars that we know of apply this level of work ethic when it comes to tour films...

I would have loved a video for I Don't Search I Find. I actually think it's more commercial than God Control.

I love this Madame X appreciation! I feel the same way. I think it would had been cool if we got videos for I Don't Search I Find and Faz Gostoso. Those two songs had big commercial appeal, I mean they wouldnt have chart or anything, but I think those two songs were good enough to have videos.

Medellin is amazing and God Control is one of her best songs ever. We were spoiled during the Madame X campaign. Now we need the tour DVD!!

Nuno directed it with a production company from Lisbon.

They aren’t usually because most tours shoot a few dates so they have footage to choose from, but this is a different case since they didn’t film all the planned dates because they were cancelled. Outside of that though Madonna is the only one I know of who also films her dress rehearsals for closer shots. Blond Ambition and Confessions did this. Confessions in particular has a more music video approach for that reason. Similar to

I remember Taylor also filming a full rehearsal before her show for the 1989 film, you can even see how her hair changes sometimes in the close ups.

D

Deleted member 33252

They aren’t usually because most tours shoot a few dates so they have footage to choose from, but this is a different case since they didn’t film all the planned dates because they were cancelled. Outside of that though Madonna is the only one I know of who also films her dress rehearsals for closer shots. Blond Ambition and Confessions did this.
Just curious, when you say Blond Ambition are you referring to the shows in Paris? I never knew they used rehearsal footage for that, I just thought it was footage from the three concerts she did there.

he/him
Just curious, when you say Blond Ambition are you referring to the shows in Paris? I never knew they used rehearsal footage for that, I just thought it was footage from the three concerts she did there.

I’m just speaking about close ups. We have Alek’s film outline/“script” and he wrote about how many cameras they’d need and what they planned on shooting (Madonna rising out of the stage, above bed shots) because it would have been too disruptive to the show with an audience present.

CA7-FE6-A4-CF08-4-F28-95-B3-C5619-AD64-B8-C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.