Madonna - Madame X

Status
Not open for further replies.
he/him
I honestly wasn't expecting new music for a long ass time so seeing this thread made my day slightly better. I know we're probably like, 2 years away from anything at this point but I'm READY.

I hope she makes a colorful, taking the piss out of herself and society album anyways. Bring back clowndonna. Don't care for that Steven Klein aesthetic/vibe anymore.
tumblr_n146jiIIl51qg5o2oo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Madonna is the one of the few artists who I feel could pull off a surprise album release, and it would go well. Let's face it she's not exactly a singles artist any more.

he/him
A visual album from Madonna should be the most exciting thing ever in theory, but then I look at 98% of her videos from the past decade and its not that exciting a prospect.

I think if she actually focused on putting something together it would be great. Her videos for the last few albums weren't all that because she was putting everything on the back burner for the tour. Rebel Heart proved she could still deliver, though.

he/him
She seems to have abandoned that with her last few albums.

It was necessary. To me, the costumes/themes (as much as I loved them) were kind of lazily playing up to the idea of reinvention and "concept" and distracting from the Lady of the Manor persona she had developed in her real life after she got married to Guy. Being Madonna should be enough, and I'm glad she realized that over the last few years.

I think the problem was that she overused the "re-invention"-approach over time with her albums. "Confessions" was the peak of this phenomena...
(while being an amazing album with great, great singles... the look/sound were so defined that it felt very costume-ish)

YET I think what I have been missing from the last two albums, and what would be so exciting for her is to return to a more "traditional" album approach by working with less producers and having a clear sonic landscape/theme for the album (I know I have been repeating this over and over again in all Madonna-threads). Tears of a clown was so good... because it really did that. She was this Cindy-Sherman-esque vulnerable, tragic yet bizarre clown (while still being Madonna) and had a very distinctive setlist.

+ in my utopia she would revisit Mirwais. All they created together was magic. He knows how to distill the essence of what makes Madonna so genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.