Madonna - Madame X | Page 596 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Looks like they’re back at Jungle City Studios in New York. I think the last time they were there was right after the Met Gala.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. Not going to dig too deep into politics here or Anitta as it'd be off-topic, but just wanted to make a brief comment here. Things aren't always so black and white or simple as presented over and over again here on Popjustice when someone wants to make some pseudo-political commentary. Frankly, I am no fan of Anitta (apart from a couple of ok songs) and her working with Madonna... well we have to see how that will turn out... and as for Bolsonaro, well, quite a character (to put it very mildly), but we are talking about a country that just had one of the greatest corruption scandals ever, some of the highest crime rates on the planet and extreme inequality (and this is a country that has been runned by leftists for decades), so yeah... things aren't always so simple and the fact that people voted for this guy or supported him could be based on many other factors and not necessarily on his stances on gays or women for instance, you know not everything is about identity politics for many people out there struggling or seeing issues in their societies. I am gay myself, so don't get me wrong here, I saw some of his statements and they were really off-putting to say the least, but there are many other important topics out there and if more or less all politicians are corrupt and milking the state and the people while saying they are "leftist caring for the poor" and the country is one of the most dangerous ones on the planet, even more so than some that are at war (if you don't have the cash to lock yourself in a heavily guarded gated community that is), then maybe... just maybe... someone could try to see the complexity here and not from their own "safe bubble" since I'm pretty sure that many that voted for him or supported aren't necessarily bad evil people... people are just fed up with the situation and try out something different for a change.

yearone and Matterall like this.
  3. It wouldn’t surprise me if M just...doesn’t know about what Anitta has said in the past - she’s been vocally against Bolsonaro on Instagram anyway and the way she is, I doubt she’d let that slide with Anitta, even privately. And I mean, she do be known to have a few problematic collaborations regardless - Mike Tyson anyone?

Her Instagram post also makes it sound like they just happened to run into each other at the studio rather than deliberately doing a session together so there’s that. We’ll see I guess

joe_alouder, inevitable and bazayer like this.
  4. I want the damn album.

5. That would be the most exciting rumored collaboration so far.

neinzedd, orbison and bazayer like this.
  6. Anitta’s post is a bit more upfront that they were working on something. She also posted photos of her in the recording booth. They’re definitely both at Jungle City, too – I can tell by the window in their photo together.

Andy French likes this.
  7. I love how the selfie was supposed to be about the two of them together but Madonna just centered it on herself. It looks like Anitta is trying very hard to squeeze herself in.

It will all be fine. Madonna's albums will always be about herself. She is in charge.

Sunny B and orbison like this.
  8. If she works with Mykki and the resulting verse(s) is as good as Femmebot and the Out of My Head remix...wig pre-emptively flew. We need another moment as iconic as “SELF CARE, LITTLE BITCH”

9. Runned by leftists for decades? It was run for a little over a decade, and has been run by right wing (also extremely corrupt) politicians for the past 2 years. Before that, it was either run by right wing politicians or it was under a military dictatorship.

Brazils democracy is barely 30 years old.

Theres no excuse for a president that openly and proudly supports torture, says that if he had a gay son hed beat him until he became straight, openly against trans people, sexist and racist.

Yes, corruption is bad. But a president that supports facism is far worse.

Brazils also the country with the highest LGBTQ murder rate in the world. And with a president unleashing this rhetoric, it will only get worse.

So no. All of this is unacceptable.

If you’re looking to learn more about it, John Oliver did a great segment on it that explains in a nutshell why Bolsonaro almost makes Trump look like a liberal.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    bazayer likes this.
  10. And Maluma liked this Anitta and M photo

11. More photos with Anitta and Mike Dean on M’s Instagram stories

12. Oh I’d be happy with a Maluma feature. He’s gotta get his shirt off in the video though.

13. The thing with Anitta is that besides being problematic there's nothing groundbreaking about her. She will release anything that could be a hit.

14. As I’ve said before, it’s not like M’s collaboration standards are exactly strictly limited to groundbreaking musical acts.

bazayer and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  15. It doesn't stop me from having an opinion about this, you know, as a Madonna fan.

16. ...I never said you couldn’t have an opinion, I was just offering a counterpoint, but werk

17. Whew the testiness!

18. I'm not going to judge anything until I hear it.
    But didn't she just say a few months ago that she was tired of the guest features and formulaic pop music?

Deconstruct and Future Lover like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.