Madonna - Madame X | Page 92 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Is that even a new photo? Didn't she first post it back when she was given the bag?

blod likes this.
  2. I certainly am.

Ferk and kermit_the_frog like this.
  3. Madonna's bored/lonely and wants a little attention.

It's not a flattering picture but I don't think that's the point.

4. She must've posted about 6 flattering selfies since joining Instagram. I still don't quite get it exactly.

Also my god I hate that Jeff Koons/Louis Vuitton collab bag, almost as awful as the Supreme collaboration - which M obviously loved!

5. The best thing about Madonna is the zero amount of fucks given.

6. Don't all artists look for validation though? Don't all human beings? At least Madonna dares to be exciting and unpredictable.

7. Exactly. Who says aging is a negative?

8. ... You?

9. No.

10. Supreme X Louis Vuitton collection was amazing. Every fucking piece.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  11. So...to get back on the album. I would love it if she sang more in her lower register for the next album.

Although I love Rebel Heart (I still feel like it's kind of like a Greatest Hits of sorts, made up of new songs), I want something completely different. Maybe flirt wit some drum n bass, trip-hop and acoustic elements. This is probably not likely to happen, but anyways I have a feeling it will be good.

Ferk and Ray like this.
  12. This is what everyone whats. I have a feeling this isn't what were gonna get, I'd be surprised.

13. You make up a connection between aging which you describe as degradation, a need for validation, presumably unflattering selfies, the claim that "there is no fluffy way to ‘soft soap’ this", and a clearly ironic remark of ". . which all good/ loyal fans will give her wholeheartedly" as if it is something wrong or bad or disappointing, but you do so without the intention to make it into something bad? Well, apologies for the misunderstanding on my part.

14. Well, we can hope! But I just have so much love for her after this era, so I think as long as she focuses on the album it will be fire, even if she goes in a completely different direction.

If we get a well thought-out campaign funded by a big tour, that would be a dream.

15. RJF

RJF

I love her selfies taken from her chin. Fearless queen.

16. I think she is very brave in posting that particular pic whilst knowing (but not fearing), the cliched judgement calls western, capitalist society typically makes.

17. Let's see:

She straight up looks like she did in the Girlie Show rehearsals.

The hashtag:
    #nofriends

I LIVE.

matthew. and etienne like this.
  18. Ray

Ray

She looks TOTALLY like Miley – to the degree where I am not sure if it's even Madonna on this photo.

19. Madonna’s knack for “ugly” selfies only endears me to her more. I love how they throw people off, especially the ones most likely to wonder why she doesn’t let all her flaws show more in her crusade against ageism.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  20. I'll allow coherent. But strong? Inferior to Hard Candy and Rebel Heart but better than MDNA. In my opinion, of course.

Rebel Heart is a flawless EP that I've been playing a lot recently (only 2-3 years too late, thanks to everyone here who encouraged me to give the album a second chance) -

1. Living For Love (alternate/demo/leaked version)
    2. Devil Pray
    3. Bitch I'm Madonna
    4. Holy Water
    5. Best Night

As good as anything post-Ray Of Light (I've never been quite as in love with American Life as many others have been)

The past 6 months have really reinvigorated me as a Madonna fan (I was beginning to treat her as a "singles artist" but it really feels like she's rediscovered her drive to break social-boundaries and, most importantly, deliver some great music)...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.