Madonna - Madame X | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Did I just see Confessions on a Dancefloor being called inferior to Hard Candy? You all have strange tastes sometimes, I swear.

2. Her whole point is being unflattering. I live. This is the next level of not giving a fuck. As in actually.

3. I sort of love these photos though - they're striking, memorable, display that (as already mentioned on here) she doesn't give a fuck about generating a negative response.

When exactly did the world decide that every photograph needed to be "pretty"?

nikkysan, achilles, Ferk and 5 others like this.
  4. 100% - I low-key enjoyed that the Confessions era made her "cool" again in the eyes of the mainstream.

But actually listen to it? Not so much (Hung Up and Get Together aside)... whereas I still regularly play Hard Candy tracks...

5. Well people have strived to since the about the1800's!! But y'know each to their own!!

6. No it's a really good album.

7. Any opinion that doesn't consider Confessions on a Dance Floor and Ray of Light a power force unlike any other to grace this universe is, frankly, wrong.

Anthology, nikkysan and QueenB like this.
  8. I think that there have been a few (million) portraits over the years that can be described as both "amazing" and "not pretty"...

9. Musically, yes - lyrically, a lot of songs annoy me and obscure my enjoyment too much...

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  10. I know that it's an unpopular pop opinion but it's how I feel!

Erotica and Ray Of Light? Then I'd be completely onboard...

chrisconfessed likes this.
  11. Titties out, labels on show, face tired and unmade because she probably just rolled out of bed with two 20 year old Portuguese models. A rockstar.

12. I just enjoy when popstars don't come off as overly manicured or preoccupied with constantly appearing perfect. When Britney does cheesy fashion shows in her living room or Madonna takes pictures with her boobs draped over an art object, that is who they are. And I love that.

13. I know what you mean, I can't stand constructed reality either eg. Beyonce. it's sooooooo boring.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  14. LTG

LTG

She probably sees them as her take on Frida Khalo-esque self-portraits. It’s not about looking pretty, but creating a striking lqqk. And she’s succeeding while simultaneously pissing a lot of people off. Queen.

15. "What Madonna's doing" has been pretty much the same for her whole career - taking looks and sounds from both the underground and high art, diluting them and adding her own personality and contributions, then presenting the final result to the mainstream.

She is a pioneer and absolutely groundbreaking at almost every stage of her career.

Many people found this to be "deeply unpleasant" in the 80s, 90s, 00s and I'm glad that she's continuing to provoke the same response as the 10s draw to a close.

Here's to the 20s!

16. You left out Hold Tight, Joan Of Ark, Inside Out, HBCity, Body Shop... so, no.

achilles and relby like this.
  17. [​IMG]

And she still doesn’t give a fuck about how you feel.

18. The picture is a No from me but only because of that ugly, ugly LV handbag. Otherwise, her Instagram is joy to follow.

luluthecat likes this.
  19. Madonna has no fear and no regrets and I love her for that.

achilles, Ray, Ferk and 1 other person like this.
  20. You can call me a sinner
    You can call me a saint
    Celebrate me for who I am
    Dislike me for what I ain't

LTG and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.