Madonna - Madame X | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Madame X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. “Madonna should address ageism!!!”
    Madonna: [basically does that by not giving a fuck]
    “...not like that”

The angles she favors for her Instagram can be a little jarring but at the same time...it’s her page, not mine. I used to get bothered by her not “aging gracefully” but got over that and myself a long time ago. Whether it’s intentional or not, she is challenging people’s perceptions of how women after 50 “should act”, which is extremely important. It’s no different to the general notions of female sexuality she explored and addressed in her 30s, really. She’s not going to stop just because she’s almost 60, and I’m glad.

2. I love when Madonna makes the people shake their fists.

3. Why is Paloma Faith doing Madonna's make-up in 1987?

Andy French likes this.
  4. Madonna believes society should hold a mirror up to itself to question its values and the hypocrites of those who reinforce those values.

If I have been perceived as having a negative opinion on that photo, as opposed to drawing attention to the hypocrisy of western society & culture at large, I have been sincerely misunderstood.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  5. RJF

RJF

I genuinely didn't even notice she had the girls out on my first pass over the post. Pop fans should honestly be numb to the sight of Madonna's magnificent tiddies at this point.

6. I actually laughed out loud at the purse post, I then spent an hour looking at her Instagram liking everything.
    I LOVE that she gives literally zero fucks, I love that she pops a boob or two out every so often just for kicks, I love her 'selfie angle' where it looks like she has evil in her heart and murder on the brain.

God she's great.

7. I find it bizarre how people who consider themselves fans become panini pressed at shit like that Instagram post. This is how she's always been. She'll be on stage at age 130 flashing the audience while performing a 10 minute rendition of I'm Going Bananas and you will deal.

8. But she's practically 60! She needs to bring Pat Leonard and Orbit back, instead of trying to act half her age with songs like Bitch I'm Madonna! Tuneless garbage! Downright unpleasant!

9. Seeing a woman enjoy her body when the world is yelling stop!!! is just a fucking joy so by all means continue to do the most and express your distaste at the most important tits in the history of music.

evilsin, heavymetalGAGA, K94 and 17 others like this.
  10. I think Madonna would probably love that picture being called “deeply unpleasant.”

11. Hopefully a title for anything this era.

12. RJF

RJF

Madonna wakes up in the morning, says to herself, "Here's how I'm gonna gag the girls today." and gets out of bed with no robe, fishes out the designer handbag she threw in the trash the night before in a fit of excess and opulence, gets that front camera on, puts it at an angle that mere mortals fear cameras at, and gives us a tease of areola on the 'gram. Gays GAGGED. Misoginists DELETED. Body shamers SHAMED. Ageists RAPIDLY AGING AND TURNING TO DUST.

And then she goes back to bed.

13. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

[​IMG]

14. **Candy Shop

15. I feel bad because a comment I made about the picture (not ha tits!) was deleted and now I'm realizing it was probably misogynistic/problematic. Oh MY God I am heartily sorry for having offended thee and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell but most of all because I love thee and I want so badly to be Good. xx

16. Yes.

nikkysan and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  17. It's milkin' time!

Lapras likes this.
  18. Ray

Ray

I love you.

FridayNight and Ferk like this.
  19. Looks like Lisbon is losing its appeal! Get yourself back in London girl!!! Great photo - it kind of makes me look forward to an album of twerking/grinding and rapping just to see everyone’s reaction!

Ferk, bazayer and Ray like this.
  20. Why not both?

Andy French likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.