Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album) | Page 1346 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robenn, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you think it's a coincidence that audience members said she performed it, and that Ellen's site mentioned it a few days later in a post about her final performance?

2. Oh.

3. I doubt she's gonna perform Cherish. Didn't she call it one of her most 'retarded' songs some years ago?

4. She's said to be doing "Take a Bow" not "Cherish"

The audience members said she didn't tape it in front of them, but apparently Ellen taped the introduction to it while they were there. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. Indeed. Silly woman. It's such a gorgeous song!

6. She really went for the chorus in that one.

7. Ray

Ray

Verses were pretty bad but the chorus -- wow.

8. So this would be her first time performing "Take a Bow" since 1995, twenty years ago?

She's miming, but I never saw this one before:

[video=youtube;Zk_5-AkkoYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk_5-AkkoYc[/video]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  9. Wasn't that performance fairly disastrous vocally?

10. I'm fairly certain it's the closest she's come to "belting" in like...20 years. Well done, M!

11. The last performance of Take a Bow was painful. So this will probably be worse.

12. [video=youtube;KO-ixvtW_QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO-ixvtW_QM[/video]

13. That Joan of Arc performance. Christ. Nearly every other note is off and when she holds it's painful. She needs to retrain her her vocal. When pop stars spend way more time with their personal trainer than their vocal coach....

14. The actual tone of her voice is the deeper Madonna voice I love, but bloody hell, she murders half the notes. Dreadful.

15. I can't imagine the response if she did pull out the "classics" on tour. Definitely long overdue though.

16. Honestly she'd be great if she started seeing a coach full time again. I hope she gets one before the tour.

17. Can't see it happening. I doubt she even realises there's a problem.

18. Her vocal coach in her documentary in the mid-2000s did a pretty awful job. Madonna's practicing with an audio cassette showed just how thin her voice had become. Something happened when she started working with Mirwais.She did "Beautiful Stranger" in 1999 and still had a great range. Come "Music" things went mousy. I liked her voice better when it was untrained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.