Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album) | Page 1693 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robenn, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’ve always loved the description of it being a mixtape/playlist, pre Drake and Charli. Ahead of its time.

2. The tour book was one of my favorite things from the Rebel Heart era. It was such a nice surprise to receive one. It's quite stunning.

bazayer likes this.
  3. Ghosttown is still that smash hit that never was isn't it.

What a song what a video what a moment.

4. The Super Deluxe is the only Rebel Heart cover for me. Grey one is dull, white and red is ridiculous to even consider using (cute as an interior bonus I guess) and Red and Black fits the feel a whole lot better for me - especially given the album booklet photography?

[​IMG]

True fans get the true cover. Duh.

5. The sword one and the heart one are the best images of the era. So iconic in every sense.

FridayNight and michaelhird like this.
  6. I like the red cover best too, although I do like the grey one with the wires, just wish it had a splash of colour.

7. I adore the whole thing... but, the font used on the back looks cheap and I hate not knowing who wrote/produced the songs.

8. i think this was the original idea. it makes sense

[​IMG]

9. All that discussion about "Hard Candy" got me in the mood to revisit it. I was remembering when she came to my country with the "Sticky & Sweet" tour, that was when I first heard some songs from the album. In fact it was one of the first times that I've ever heard a Madonna song at all. I was 11 years old kid discovering pop music. A memory.

LeBratt likes this.
  10. I know I keep repeating myself but one of these three should have been the cover. Inspired iconography compared to the perfunctory three that got selected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. I've never seen that last one before. It's beautiful.

12. The first two are great pictures jut do ant look album cover to me. It’s too coverlandia or what’s it called. Last one is nice but doesn’t really fit the mood.

13. Well I've got thick skin and a rebel heart

andru likes this.
  14. Ray

Ray

That last one would be great for the "Joan of Arc" single. I love @caba1's explanation, finally something that actually makes sense.

Ferk and LeBratt like this.
  15. One of the few reasons I ever go back to (the final version of) Rebel Heart. It's up there with her best ballads for me.

16. I'll never rate any product that has something written with a font that looks like it's a tattoo on the artists' body. Just no.

justFurio, PEARL, beekeeper and 3 others like this.
  17. I’d argue that’s being generous - they just plonked it on top of her arm with no attempt made to make it look good!

beekeeper likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    teas

Heaven on Earth, Ray, andru and 5 others like this.
  19. Would have been cool if they actually painted it onto her

Heaven on Earth and Andy French like this.
  20. RJF

RJF

The super deluxe cover just feels... like a stock Madonna photo. Like, I could throw a stone into the Internet and hit five other, better photos of Madonna in fetish gear. It doesn't even feel particularly relevant to the album. The deluxe cover is easily the best; serving relevant concept, and providing a striking image all on its own.

In fact, the album photoshoot in general is just bizarre. Going from posing in mom sweaters to S&M gear to armour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.