Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album) | Page 1695 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robenn, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whilst the pics for the Rebel Heart album artwork are beautiful they lack a coherent theme/aesthetic. I understand they are supposed to reflect duality but they don't convey that to me.

Not that it should matter but I don't think the Interview pics are commercial enough but they are certainly more interesting. There's something very Hitchcock-esque about them, they're unnerving too.

Andy French, luluthecat and Sunny B like this.
  2. Can’t we get back to Avicii Heart now and how it’s the best demo.

I wonder if this will still be the same subject 10 years from now?!?

3. Just listened to the "Rebet Heart" Avicii demo and it's still very brilliant. Her voice is heaven on it.

4. Thanks for reminding me on this sunner London day! It’s certainly calls for a blast of Avicii Heart!

LPT and Deleted member 30181 like this.
  5. I love her voice on Body Shop and Veni Vidi Vici.

6. Not this thread being bumped to talk about Avicci fucking Heart.

cabirian, fancygreen, LPT and 10 others like this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

We will talk about Avicii Heart until the nuclear holocaust takes all of our lives and Madonna rightfully becomes our worldly overlord.

8. RJF

RJF

Huh. Never been described as a nuclear holocaust before.

9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

The real T is about Avicii Heart is that it has a 4 on the floor beat with twinkly synths that make the gay's holes throb when in actuality it's an under-cooked song without a middle 8 and works fantastically as an acoustic bonus track and nothing more.

10. Still obsessed, and I don't even do demos. (Let me call The Hague about that screenshot though.)

Ferk likes this.
  11. It’s full on brilliant when she incorporates “If I Had a Hammer” when performed live. I wish she released a studio version.

12. I use Beautiful Scars the most from Rebel Heart, it's a little slice of Bedtime Stories heaven.

nbtsa likes this.
  13. Lovely song, but saddled with potato production sadly.

14. Love the version that was released.

15. The officially released version of "Beautiful Scars" is one of my favorite M tracks in the last decade.

Ferk likes this.
  16. I think the production on Beautiful Scars is the best thing about it (so lush and atmospheric). That and the melody. The vocals could be better, but I think it's the lyrics that are the weak link. It's a good song, but I think it made sense to release it on the bonus EP rather than the album.

17. LTG

LTG

Ferk likes this.
  18. Joan of Arc is still my fave from this wonderful record.

Such a song. Wish dearly that it’d been a single. I have so many video concepts in my mind.

Dr Pop likes this.
  19. I have said it about a thousand times, but what really sells Joan of Arc for me is those lilting country sounding guitars post-middle eight.

Almost makes me want to hear a country album from her. Almost.

But beside the technical shoddiness, I won't hear a word against Rebel Heart's production. So many gorgeous production touches and moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.