Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm such a happy fan this week. Great album, great video for a great song, and what hopefully will be a great performance.

Oh, M. I can't believe I even dared to think you had lost it. Ik ben droevig...

Completely underwhelmed by the video. It actually diminishes the song for me. I think she looks good and it's great to see her dance, but the sound effects are overused and the editing is not great. Overall, it's just such a non-statement after so much hype of a return to form where it felt like she actually cared. The Girl Gone Wild video will be remembered more than this, and was a pretty low bar.

It's a fantastic video. As someone said before, I hope this is her 'Shake It Off' and then to grab attention later on for single 2 she does a 'Blank Space' with a massive(er) budget. But for this song and right now, I think she nailed it. The defying-gravity bits are particularly amazing. Excited to see how it will translate to a live show.

I wish she'd do something with that bloody hair though. Princess Leia buns and Sticky & Sweet hair isn't how you say "hello world, I'm back"

I think it is simple but very well done, the concept, photography, editing, everything but the red filter looks great, It also has such an "old madonna" vibe, I really like it.

Let me list some points here.

-She looks fantastic. This is a given. She looks younger than the aging cougar thing she had going on in 'Girl Gone Wild'.
-The minotaur men are really interesting to watch. See, this is how you do hot man nipple action without pandering too much.
-The over the top physics in the video really add to the whole thing.
-I know people are moaning a bit about the red filter, but I think it really makes everything pop.
-The dancing was great, but I do agree there could be a bit more of it. Hardly a super negative point, but what can you do?
-I am torn about the Nietzsche quote at the end. It almost feels like it was put there to quell those stupid Tumblr "BUT BULLFIGHTING IS BARBARIC" comments that would almost surely arise just to be annoying. It is a nice little quote though.
-Goddamnit, I love Madonna.

I'm so glad she went with an #edgy concept, because the video could have been a family photo album/adopting Malawi travesty.

Someone already posted this on youtube! She will lost some VEVO views..

[video=youtube;dSITBeVIT7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSITBeVIT7I[/video]

Love the sound effects!

Forgot to mention the Michael Jackson impossible lean forward was a cool bit.

This is hardly anywhere near her best video, but I really enjoy it. Very solid.

At least the video is ways better than the Sorry one.
I actually liked it. It flows with music.

For some reason (the stage) reminded me of poor Appause from Gaga video. This one wins surely for me. But still screams low budget if you use curtains. And stage.
And I know what they mean. Stage, artist, etc.

OH MY GOD it's actually Madonna on snapchat.. I added 'Madonna' and its her using snapchat.. You can tell from the rings she has on.. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.