Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album) | Page 899 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Rebel Heart (13th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robenn, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probably tomorrow or Monday? At least officially.

2. It's excellent.

3. RJF

RJF

Don't watch it on that link if you have any self-respect. It's literally a phone filming another phone.

4. You're right - terrible quality.

5. I'm not in the US either, it works fine!

6. Just watched it. I really like the set-up and theme. Stylish and slick.

Bit disappointed at the lack of proper dancing and the long hair with the recycled Sticky & Sweet tour outfit.

All in all, very good though!

7. Wow it was actually pretty cool! She def wins with the video. She makes the song more interesting to me.

8. The video is brilliant. She hasn't looked this confident for years.

9. The video is so theatrical and she looks so stunning! Is so good.

You can't touch Madonna.

10. But the drop in the song finally works with the video.

11. RJF

RJF

I'm such a happy fan this week. Great album, great video for a great song, and what hopefully will be a great performance.

Oh, M. I can't believe I even dared to think you had lost it. Ik ben droevig...

12. Completely underwhelmed by the video. It actually diminishes the song for me. I think she looks good and it's great to see her dance, but the sound effects are overused and the editing is not great. Overall, it's just such a non-statement after so much hype of a return to form where it felt like she actually cared. The Girl Gone Wild video will be remembered more than this, and was a pretty low bar.

13. It's a fantastic video. As someone said before, I hope this is her 'Shake It Off' and then to grab attention later on for single 2 she does a 'Blank Space' with a massive(er) budget. But for this song and right now, I think she nailed it. The defying-gravity bits are particularly amazing. Excited to see how it will translate to a live show.

I wish she'd do something with that bloody hair though. Princess Leia buns and Sticky & Sweet hair isn't how you say "hello world, I'm back"

14. Actually its much better than any video Queen B released from her visual album.

15. Madonna is a true artist. Sometimes I think she is too high brow for pop consumers.

16. I think it is simple but very well done, the concept, photography, editing, everything but the red filter looks great, It also has such an "old madonna" vibe, I really like it.

17. Artists are not immune from making mediocre or shit art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.