Madonna`s cheap Get Together video | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna`s cheap Get Together video

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spiceupyourlife, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Is it just me that found this video to be fucking dire?

It screams `BUDGET` yet it`s only the third (and I think last) single of an album which must have sold truckloads.

2. I LOVE IT.

3. Seriously? Budget?

It looks fucking brilliant.

4. i love it too - much prefer it to 'hung up' and 'sorry' - its exactly how I kind of imagined it to be.

5. It screams "busy on tour" if anything. I quite like. Nothing amazing or watchable more than once but it'll do. I'm glad she did this over the lazy performance/docu clips that most artists do when they can't be arsed with a big video shoot.

6. I think it's arse as well, but many like it.

No accounting for taste etc etc

7. I couldn't watch it all as it gave me a migrane. It's a bit half arsed too, but it's better than a live video...+

8. A bag of shite.

I'm surprised she didn't do a dirty compilation video or something.

What happened to her string-all-her-videos-together-as-one concept? The whole idea behind the singles has been ruined and the good run of decent singles has been tainted. Jump was the logical next choice and she's f*cked it up. Way to fuck up the best album you've ever made, lady.

9. Could you be over-reacting at all?

While I am not a fan of the song, the record co clearly think it's got a better chance as a summer track than 'Jump' and have pushed for a release. Madonna's both too busy and not keen on the idea to make a vid and so they made this one instead. Yes, it's shit, but it's hardly going to wreck the entire album campaign is it?

Some of the remixes take the edge off the awfulness, if that helps you at all.

10. I'm a bit dissapointed. They really could have done the concept a lot better than they did - see the 'go with the flow' video.

They needed to put more effort into integrating the footage of her with the animation. The only part they've really managed to do that is when she's lying on the ground and she makes all those particles fly about when she moves her arms...

It's still a hell of a lot better than the Sorry video though.

11. I want her to start trying to shock people again. American Life is such a great video and it has to stay hidden in favour of stuff like this!

12. More than just shouting "budget" it just reeks of "lazyness" like milk that has been left out in the sun for the last 3 days.

13. It's nice, only watchable once I think then it'll just be boring but the song is brillaint shame the promo doesn't live up.

14. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

she needs to release more songs off the album anyay. 3 would be crappy.

15. Actually, this video is the only video she's released off this album that has kept me interested. I don't like the song though... Actually I don't really care for any of the new album much, except for Hung Up. But that's just me.

16. She is. "Jump" is definitely going to be a single in Australia, so I would imagine the UK and maybe US will get it too.

17. It's very red.
    I don't like the song. I did like Hung Up and Sorry though.
    Let It Will Be and Push were also rather sublime.

18. I think the video rocks - espcially as we were promised mere tour performance montage which this is clearly much more than. The song has grown on me. Like fungus.

19. Or a yeast infection.

I prefer this to Hung Up or Sorry. It's esthetically pleasing.

20. Also preferring this to Hung Up & Sorry, which to me are the ones that looked cheap!

this one needs more dancers though.

...And yes the song is a rubbish choice for single, but again I've found that horrible universal truth to strike me - Radio Conditions People To Like Songs.
    On the album it sounded rubbish, but yes, it's growing on me also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.