Madonna studio album ranking | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna studio album ranking

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by visionary, Mar 22, 2012.

1. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Well of course! Bedtime Stories has some nice jams but it's quite a dud album really (aside from the singles).

3. There isn\'t much between Hard Candy and Bedtime Stories. \'Spanish Lesson\' is a few minutes from your life that you can never get back. But \'Bedtime Stories\' only really has the title track and \'Sanctuary\' that are of merit. The rest is all a bit \'meh\', ending with the bloated echo-fest that is \'Take A Bow\'. The song is too long with shocking vocal production - it\'s as though they stood her in a different studio. It sounds so bad it actually offends me. (Although I\'m probably alone on that one).

4. Some parts of my list always change, so here\'s a current one

Ray of Light (no doubt for me, always #1)
    American Life (has climbed up my list a lot)
    Bedtime Stories
    Erotica
    Music
    Confessions on a Dance Floor (great but a bit overrated)
    True Blue
    Like A Prayer
    MDNA
    Madonna
    Like A Virgin
    Hard Candy

5. 1 - Ray Of Light
    2 - Confessions On A Dancefloor
    3 - Madonna
    4 - Music
    5 - Hard Candy
    6 - True Blue
    7 - Erotica
    8 - Like A Virgin
    9 - MDNA
    10 - Bedtime Stories
    11 - Like A Prayer
    12 - American Life

6. Strangely, I bought my first Madonna studio albums earlier this week. I'm limiting myself to 80s Madonna as never was keen on her post-Immaculate Collection output save for a few singles.

I've only listened once to each but am liking.

7. 1) Confessions on a dance floor - flawless from start to finish - somehow i feel this album's brillance have nothing to do with Madge herself though

2)Ray of light - Game changer, cant say anything about it that hasnt been said before. its not perfect but you can tell she really put her heart into this record

3)Erotica - i guess you either love it, or get bored by it. I think its a bald statement- No other popstar would ever dare to release a record as raw sounding as this

4)Madonna - you dont have to skip a track with this, it all sounds perfect for that time. Classic 80's album

5)Bedtime stories - Solid effort, it has a few so-so album tracks but when its good its really good for instance Human nature, Secret, and the title track

6)True Blue - Ticks all boxes, it sounds like a singles album

7)Like a prayer

8)MDNA - the singles so far have been terribly chosen, but being honest theres no obvious singles choices from this album for the first time in her career

9)American life

10)Like a virgin

11)Music - only for the singles and impressive instant its not at the bottom of my list, it feels like a rushed album

12)Hard candy - i like this record, its a great album to work out to but it does not sound like a MADONNA album if you know what i mean, its a faceless attempt.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  8. Like A Prayer
    Ray of Light
    American Life
    Madonna
    Madame x
    True Blue
    Confessions on a Dancefloor
    Erotica
    Bedtime Stories
    Like A Virgin
    Music
    Hard Candy
    MDNA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.