Madonna - The Celebration Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insert crazed conspiracy board here but just spent way too long reading that description:

Agreed that VVV (because of the references) and Hold Tight (because it was rehearsed back in 2015) seem the most likely Rebel Heart tracks.

It doesn't say the song about her mother has never been performed before - that's referring to the Rebel Heart track - only that it wasn't released as a single, so it could indeed be Mer Girl, or I guess Mother and Father (in addition to Inside of Me, Promise to Try). Given it would probably be the oldest deepest cut and had prominent placement in Truth or Dare which she's rewatched the last few years, Promise to Try might be the most likely, but she's obviously fond of Mer Girl too...

It says there is a 70s classic which she has performed before "many moons ago". So that would just be Imagine, that one time she sang Rebel Rebel (though - quite recent), and mashups she has done with I Feel Love, Family Affair, Just my Imagination, OR if by 'performed' they don't necessarily mean 'live', American Pie. This is the one audiences might think is linked to the health scare, but doesn't seem to fit many of these aside from maybe American Pie.

The mashup with the late 70s track could be anything yeah, Stayin Alive (which David has danced around to on IG) or I Will Survive would be great, though THEY seem more linked to the health scare, which is what they're saying about the *other* 70s song, so, IDK. Not sure where Billie Jean has come from as that's 80s.

"Current tune from artist she has collaborated with" - is strange wording if it actually refers to Popular, Vulgar etc. It would surely mean a song from that artist that is different from the collab, but yeah could be Beyonce, Dua, Sam Smith, the Weeknd, who knows.

As an aside, I'm not excited about the fact she's doing a cover - sure she has often done excerpts in her own songs but doing a full cover seems a bit like a waste of time here (especially if it's Imagine, shudder). She's had a permanent, full cover on her setlist only 3 times: Imagine, La Vie en Rose, Sodade.

Last edited:
New update from DrownedMadonna with a teaser mentioning 4 more songs that might feature on the setlist:

* Papa Don’t Preach
* Justify My Love
* Hung Up (on Tokischa)
* Into the Hollywood Groove

Updated full list:

Madonna
(1 song so far):
* Everybody

True Blue (3 song so far):
* Live To Tell
* Open Your Heart
* Papa Don’t Preach

Like a Prayer (1 song so far):
* Oh Father

The Immaculate Collection (3 song so far):
* Crazy For You
* Into The Hollywood Groove
* Justify My Love

Erotica (3 songs so far):
* Bad Girl
* Erotica
* Rain

Bedtime Stories (1 song so far):
* Bedtime Story

Ray of Light (2 songs so far):
* Nothing Really Matters
* Ray of Light

Music (1 song so far):
* Don't Tell Me

American Life (1 song so far):
* Die Another Day

Confessions On a Dance Floor (2 song so far):
* Hung Up on Tokischa
* Sorry

MDNA (1 song so far):
* Give Me All Your Luvin'

Total number of songs so far: 19

he/him
New update from DrownedMadonna with a teaser mentioning 4 more songs that might feature on the setlist:

* Papa Don’t Preach
* Justify My Love
* Hung Up (on Tokischa)
* Into the Hollywood Groove

Updated full list:

Madonna
(1 song so far):
* Everybody

True Blue (3 song so far):
* Live To Tell
* Open Your Heart
* Papa Don’t Preach

Like a Prayer (1 song so far):
* Oh Father

The Immaculate Collection (3 song so far):
* Crazy For You
* Into The Hollywood Groove
* Justify My Love

Erotica (3 songs so far):
* Bad Girl
* Erotica
* Rain

Bedtime Stories (1 song so far):
* Bedtime Story

Ray of Light (2 songs so far):
* Nothing Really Matters
* Ray of Light

Music (1 song so far):
* Don't Tell Me

American Life (1 song so far):
* Die Another Day

Confessions On a Dance Floor (2 song so far):
* Hung Up on Tokischa
* Sorry

MDNA (1 song so far):
* Give Me All Your Luvin'

Total number of songs so far: 19

Into the Hollywood Groove" is kind of a gag. Also, I'm surprised MDNA is getting any sort of representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.