Madonna - The Celebration Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a friend about this show (because I'm shoving this moment down everybody's throats) and I said something that gave me pause. I've said a few times since Saturday night that this is one of the all-time highs in her entire forty-year career, and then it was just like... forty years in, she's still achieving THOSE moments. She's still raising the bar, setting new standards, making incredible things happen, demonstrating her power. She doesn't *have* to in 2024, but she did it again. How many artists get to add top-ten milestone moments after four decades? How many are allowed to?

My twentysomething coworker was saying today how she cool she thought it was of Madonna to do this, and that she saw it trending on Twitter all weekend. That's so exciting. It STILL happens for her, and I don't think this is the last time.

The arrangement of Vogue is truly next level. I love that it actually used elements of the Boyfriends remix, because that's been a lowkey pipe dream of mine for a while.

And to include elements of UP DOWN SUITE on top of that?? Actually sick and twisted.

I've always loved how Stuart incorporates lesser-known or bootleg remixes/mashups in his arrangements. I can't believe she's working with him again. Is this tour real? Did I die while fighting someone on Madonna Infinity and this heaven?

he/his/him
I was talking to a friend about this show (because I'm shoving this moment down everybody's throats) and I said something that gave me pause. I've said a few times since Saturday night that this is one of the all-time highs in her entire forty-year career, and then it was just like... forty years in, she's still achieving THOSE moments. She's still raising the bar, setting new standards, making incredible things happen, demonstrating her power. She doesn't *have* to in 2024, but she did it again. How many artists get to add top-ten milestone moments after four decades? How many are allowed to?

My twentysomething coworker was saying today how she cool she thought it was of Madonna to do this, and that she saw it trending on Twitter all weekend. That's so exciting. It STILL happens for her, and I don't think this is the last time.
Literally this. It's truly wonderful to be a Madonna fan when the artist you love so much just gives so much and just continuously rewards you endlessly for the support and love.

I also think this certainly isn't the end, though I genuinely can't even imagine what's going to come next. Never thought it would still be this thrilling to be a Madonna fan.

The arrangement of Vogue is truly next level. I love that it actually used elements of the Boyfriends remix, because that's been a lowkey pipe dream of mine for a while.

And to include elements of UP DOWN SUITE on top of that?? Actually sick and twisted.

Who is credited for this remix ?

He/Him

This is so true. I've been catching myself a lot in the last years wondering why does she bother working as much as she does and what is left for her to conquer. She's undeniably one of the biggest names in music of all time (certainly the biggest to me), she's beyond successful, beyond rich, beyond famous, she's done possibly anything an artist can do, broken every record, and even now, at 65, after a huge life or death situation, she just finished a 81 concert tour with some of the most intense choreography of her career.

So many artists are getting ready to retire or least slowing down, part of me can't understand why she does what she does. Her decision doesn't operate on logic.

But that's how we know she's a true artist. She has to continue. She has to keep going to tell her story and fight for what she believes in. Part of me feels like she's earned enjoying every thing life has to offer, watch and support her children grow up, but the fact that she still wakes up in the morning and decide to stand up for her story and for mostly every social minority in a way that no other artist alive does, even to this day, is unbelievable. It almost feels like she's a hero that will not stop until she's fulfilled her prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.