Madonna - The Celebration Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also disappointing considering that she was one of the first superstars (at least to my knowledge) to acknowledge the conflict back in 2004, when she included the shot of Israeli & Palestinian kids walking down a road together in the final moments of IGTTYAS. For better or worse (this), at least she's consistent in her message.

As for the Instagram post, she posted it on October 8, the day after the October 7 attack, days before the escalation began. It doesn't justify the usual pro-Israel points, of course, but I think a lot of people were confused and enraged at that moment.

Also, in her defense, aside from A*y Schu*er, she did invite a lot of vocal pro-Palestine artists on stage (Peaches, Arca, FKA twigs come to mind, I don't know much about RuPaul girlies, but I imagine many of them are pro-Palestine as well).

In the end, I do feel like she's gonna distance herself from politics in the coming years, and stick to usual LGBTQIA+ (mostly G) issues, ageism, Malawi, etc. You could sense the shift during the Celebration tour (I think she wrapped herself in the Ukrainian flag on the first show only, never to be seen again). Also hoping she will be toning down the whole revolutionary shtick (I love Madonna, but girl, you are no MLK or Che), since it was a bad idea right from the start. You either go into in with your entire being, or just stick to the issues you know.

he/him
As for the Instagram post, she posted it on October 8, the day after the October 7 attack, days before the escalation began. It doesn't justify the usual pro-Israel points, of course, but I think a lot of people were confused and enraged at that moment.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned that she hasn't followed it up by correcting herself, apologizing, and deleting the post. However, it remains on her feed and she hasn't spoken on it further.

Not me realising 6 months later that the Bedtime Story cube is probably a reference to the cube from the MV
5739315f99c38787bb0a65b27cd8178c7a8fa111.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.