Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 116 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Oh, "Hey You" going from dead last to second last place?

[​IMG]

2. A better Hey You

Womanizer, eatyourself, K94 and 17 others like this.
  3. That's what M.I.A. said in an interview with The Guardian a while back:

Knowing M.I.A. quite well since I used to be a stan for longer than I'd like to admit, I wouldn't be surprised if none of that actually happened and that was just a story she invented, but the idea of Madonna singing the chorus of a song by The Weeknd from his mixtapes/Trilogy days is something most pleasing to me.

But anyway, "B-Day Song" is trash. And "Give Me All Your Luvin" as well.

4. Live children choir performance?? Mismatch of home video compilations?? I'm not clicking on either of those links, god

acl, Crisp X, evilsin and 13 others like this.
  5. A "Alisa Summers rising from last to second last in the Drag Race rate despite there being 2 new seasons worth of queens to rate" tea.

stuaw, JMRGBY, evilsin and 6 others like this.
  6. Every single thing about and surrounding Hey You is an absolute disaster and I still can't believe that we went from Keep The Trance, which is at least a screechy bop, to.............that.

7. Whew! The talent and fellow tax evader making a guest appearance before we get to the good stuff. Legendaric!

8. RJF

RJF

nn see now that's how I imagine the phrase "hey you" coming out of Madonna's mouth.

9. Out of 165 voters? I don't think so.
    And I'm sure I saw some voters having higher average scores for "I'm Breathless" than "Ray of Light", so your statement isn't valid.

Pretty much the same. I love the instrumentation, the production and the melody.

Maybe it's a good thing that English isn't my first language, because I find it easy to not pay attention to the lyrics (especially since 90% of my scoring system relies on the sonic aspects of songs).

10. Wait... Pharrell can't read music???? A mess.

11. I wanted to spotlight another "Hey You" and praise it, but then recalled that I don't really like this song, either:

12. Hey You always makes me think of RuPaul because of the shrill “first love yourself then you can love someone else” bridge. How... fitting.

Not to mention Madonna was doing the tone deaf preachy “it’s your fault you’re like this, but let’s all learn to solve our problems with XxX**LOVE**XxX (◡‿◡✿)” 12 whole years before Marina released Love + Fear, always ahead of her time!

13. [​IMG]

14. Obligatory 'B-day Song and Hey You fighting it out for last place' post

[​IMG]

15. Oh, fucking hell! What did I sign up for?

16. RJF

RJF

nn I'm still a bit gagged at 165 votes.

17. R27

R27

The Banana song would have been my first elimination, but I ain’t pressed with these two leaving first.

sfmartin and Phonetics Girl like this.
  18. RJF

RJF

Also, I want y'all to clock the 0.006 of a difference between these two tracks, because a lot of the ballot was closely fought.

Womanizer, dirtypony, funkyg and 22 others like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Did You Do It was excluded? What did I miss?

Remorque and Maki like this.
  20. As far as "B-day Song", it got a 1, for being Madonna. That's all. Otherwise, it would have been a 0.

"Hey You" ... didn't get the memo that we hate it. It's a bit middling/forgettable for me (6.5). Whoops!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.