Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna: The Discography Rate - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Is a 9.5 overall average for Ray of Light considered trolling?

[​IMG]

2. I'm so tempted to take part in this rate, even though my procrastination skills are on a professional level.
    There are so many (about 230) songs and yet I'm familiar with one album and her biggest hits only.

But I can already sense how iconic a dive into her discography will be, and who knows how many gems are just waiting to be discovered, so why waste this precious opportunity. When if not now?

I'm doing this.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Mvnl, soratami, Crisp X and 9 others like this.
  3. American Life was the first pop album I bought that made me think and listen to the lyrics on a deeper level when I was younger. I only got to join in on the last rate last time so I'm excited to come in here.

I went through the first album today for prelim scores but I will indeed have to do my homework because I'm not as well-versed in the Living Word as I should be.

4. My 11 is pretty much locked. I just need the time to do this and eerrr the other rates

soratami, RJF and Maki like this.
  5. My 11 is absolutely not locked. That will take some thought.

6. Already made a playlist of my 10s to seperate the cute girls from the drop dead gorgeous.

Deeper and Deeper... whew.

Maki, Mvnl, soratami and 10 others like this.
  7. The deluxe Madame X cover might be her best ever. (She is infuriating!)

Jwentz, Maki, RainOnFire and 4 others like this.
    • A dancer (I'm a dancer)
    • (A whore) A whore

Jwentz, Maki, Crisp X and 12 others like this.
  9. This is going to be difficult. I'll have to consider what criteria I'm using in my scores otherwise the list is going to look like binary code nn 1010101010

Crisp X, Music Is Death, RJF and 2 others like this.
  10. Oh... I am quiet tempted. It will be so difficult though.

11. I've been a fan for almost 40 years (gulp) and I don't think I have ever had to ponder what an 11/10 Madonna song would be. So many worthy candidates.

The challenge.

12. I'm going to have to do this rate! Immaculate Collection was the first CD I remember as a kid and have been an on and off fan since. Can't wait to discover some new album tracks!

RJF and Maki like this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. This is a COMMITMENT but I'm ready for it, I need to finish the Kylie rate, then the Mariah rate and I was gonna do the 80s women rate, then this! Quarantine is gonna be busy! Also, I've no idea what my 11 is gonna be, though Into The Groove is UP there!

RJF and joeee like this.
  15. Alexa, what is a Sophie's Choice? "Choosing an 11 in the Madonna discography rate."

Which do I choose? HELP!

acl, Music Is Death, Mister_G and 2 others like this.
  16. I'm honestly emotional just thinking about this.

LTG, LiK, Music Is Death and 7 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

If anyone torpedoes Spanish Eyes or Till Death Do Us Part or I'm So Stupid or Dark Ballet I will find you.

Maki, aux, sometimesxtc and 12 others like this.
  18. Can we all agree that this is not only one of her finest songs of the last decade, but her entire career?

This needs to do well.

Maki, Mvnl, RainOnFire and 11 others like this.
  19. [​IMG]

Surely this was directed squarely at people coming for Why's it So Hard and especially In This Life?

Music Is Death and RJF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.